Thursday's meal is full of ...? Jan 23rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm reheating the turkey chili from last night. It turned out really yummy. I have a buttermilk batter bread in the oven to go along.

The fruits (well, technically, vegetables) of my labors. Clockwise from the bottom right: Copycat Panera Cream of Chicken Wild Rice, Beef Barley and Mushroom, Ham and 15 Bean, and the quart-plus of Italian Sausage leftover from last night.

Attachments

• 2014-01-23 20.20.15.jpg
    2014-01-23 20.20.15.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 173
The fruits (well, technically, vegetables) of my labors. Clockwise from the bottom right: Copycat Panera Cream of Chicken Wild Rice, Beef Barley and Mushroom, Ham and 15 Bean, and the quart-plus of Italian Sausage leftover from last night.

Wow, CG, they look great! :yum:

DH had a big salad with roast beef and cheese. I got home late as I had a 5:30 massage appointment in the next town. My massage therapist was telling me she was going to have grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner, it made me remember a post I saw on Facebook about a "special" grilled cheese sandwich, so that's what I had. A scrumptious grilled cheese, bacon, guacamole sandwich on sour dough bread, with a mug of roasted red pepper tomato soup. That sandwich was so rich.....I am stuffed,

Stirling made the taco meat. He grated the cheese. I put out all the taco toppings. Stirling spritzed the taco shells and heated them in the oven. The danged things were stale. They had a nasty, bitter flavour. We opened the other box of taco shells. They were stale too. Yuck.

So we had low carb tacos - no shells. It was quite tasty, but disappointing.

I made a second batch of Margueritas. :ohmy::LOL:
We've had that happen with the shells too. I add more lettuce and we call it taco salad! :LOL:

Last edited:

Now those are some soups I could really dig into. Looks fabulous!

Just French toast and an apple for me this evening. I was planning to roast a small tri tip this evening, but decided to do it tomorrow instead. :)

Everyone's dinners sounds lovely. :yum:

Sea bass fillets with a spicy Thai coconut dressing, brown basmati rice, green beans with sesame and ginger! Was delicious and only took about 15/20 mins to prepare and cook! Great for a late working evening. :)

Chicken and dumplings for the wife and daughter. For my low carb it was a trader Joe's filet of sole and I made some creamed spinach to go with it. Man those dumplings look goooood.

I just love soup! Those look great, CG!!!

Thanks Cheryl and PF. When the weather gets cold I like to have soup. Whether I make one pot or three, it seems like I'm in the kitchen all day anyway! :LOL: At least I have a refrigerator full of soup containers, so no real cooking for a few days.

It was all-you-could-eat mussels at a local pub. A friend and I ate our fill of mussels steamed in a local ale with jalapeno peppers. Yummmmmy,

Back
Top Bottom