Thursday's meal is full of ...? Jan 23rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am doing a turkey breast roast, stuffed with gluten free stuffing and served with homemade cranberry sauce and roasted veggies.

What are you planning?

Stirling has agreed to make tacos.
fiesta.gif

I may make some Margueritas.

I'm going to make Charlie D's Bigos again. I'll make extra slaw and turn it into creamy slaw for tomorrow's dinner.

I'm going to make Charlie D's Bigos again. I'll make extra slaw and turn it into creamy slaw for tomorrow's dinner.

Is this something I missed when I was away for 6 months? What's a Bigos?

Edit: Okay, answered my own question - Polish stew. Looks really good!

Last edited:
Is this something I missed when I was away for 6 months? What's a Bigos?

No, it was fairly recent. I think it translates to hunter's stew.
Look for the thread asking about a sausage stew or something like that. Charlie posted his recipe in it.

No, it was fairly recent. I think it translates to hunter's stew.
Look for the thread asking about a sausage stew or something like that. Charlie posted his recipe in it.

You got the unedited version of my post. I found it. Polish Hunter's Stew. Similar to the Hunter's stew my "adopted" Ukrainian Gramma used to make I think.

You got the unedited version of my post. I found it. Polish Hunter's Stew. Similar to the Hunter's stew my "adopted" Ukrainian Gramma used to make I think.

I'm using smoked kielbasa this time :yum:

I'm supposed to finish off my soup-a-thon today but it won't get done if I keep playing in the DC playground. :wacko: The plan is the copycat version of Panera's chicken and wild rice soup, plus a beef barley mushroom and maybe some form of cauliflower or broccoli cheese. If I do all those and still have energy I might make a small pie for National Pie day. I do have a tub of the ham and bean that is done except for the final simmer, so if I serve that I'll have time to make pie. Then again I will once again not make dessert...which is better for our waistlines, I suppose.

The short answer for tonight's dinner - soup. ;)

Dinner was actually a late lunch today. I had a selection of antipasto from jars supplied by Messrs Sainsbury - sundried toms in olive oil, roasted red and orange peppers in olive oil, artichokes, roasted aubergines - and mozzarella, all piled on a 6 inch home-made pizza base. Yum. There were going to be "hairy fish" (ie anchovies) too but they were in the store cupboard in the garage and it was snowing.

I'm having toasted hot cross buns this evening as I'm still full of the above. I try not to eat them until Good Friday but they've been on sale round here since the beginning of October and I weakened!

Doctored up Hamburger Helper. Added sauteed mushrooms, peas, a splash of red wine and some creme fraiche at the end. Had a cucumber salad with it.

Stirling has agreed to make tacos.
fiesta.gif

I may make some Margueritas.
Stirling made the taco meat. He grated the cheese. I put out all the taco toppings. Stirling spritzed the taco shells and heated them in the oven. The danged things were stale. They had a nasty, bitter flavour. We opened the other box of taco shells. They were stale too. Yuck.

So we had low carb tacos - no shells. It was quite tasty, but disappointing.

I made a second batch of Margueritas. :ohmy::LOL:

Stirling made the taco meat. He grated the cheese. I put out all the taco toppings. Stirling spritzed the taco shells and heated them in the oven. The danged things were stale. They had a nasty, bitter flavour. We opened the other box of taco shells. They were stale too. Yuck.

So we had low carb tacos - no shells. It was quite tasty, but disappointing.

I made a second batch of Margueritas. :ohmy::LOL:

Thank goodness you had backup margarita supplies! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom