Ginger-Rum Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carnivore

Senior Cook
Ginger-Rum Chicken
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
  • 1/3 cup rum
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Combine all ingredients except chicken in a bowl and stir well to mix. Marinate chicken in the mixture 4-24 hours. Reserving the marinade, remove the chicken and grill until cooked through. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan bring marinade and 2 tbsp butter to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, for 5-10 minutes.
Serve chicken over rice and spoon sauce over chicken. Top with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onion.

YUM!! This is like a recipe I use for chicken wings - except I use white wine in place of the rum. I'd like to try your recipe next time. I let them marinate for a full 24 hours alng with some rings marinating in a separate baggie from the chicken - then grill both.

OK, stupid question - do you use the darker color rum or the clear? Rum usually gets me in severe trouble :mrgreen: and I have only used it in Mojitos recently - didn't know if one was better for flavor than the other when using it to cook with.

hi kitchenelf,
i used white rum (clear) this time and it was good, but next time i'm going to try using Captain Morgan for even more taste. i haven't had that stuff since college...

Back
Top Bottom