Will a blender work for this chai latte recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've watched the demonstrations and have never seen anything done that I cannot do with my Black & Decker Blender.

I was thinking Iced Chai, sorry. It will be just fine with hot liquids, too! just make sure you put the lid on tight. You do not NEED a Vitamix. Now, if you decide you want one...that's different, but you don't NEED one.

I was thinking Iced Chai, sorry. It will be just fine with hot liquids, too! just make sure you put the lid on tight. You do not NEED a Vitamix. Now, if you decide you want one...that's different, but you don't NEED one.

When I googled the blender there was a caution from consumers about using hot liquids in it. Some people said that hot water can blow off the lid causing leaks and burns. Has anyone had that happen?

Hot water for tea is usually not boiling. I think they are more talking about boiling soups that are very hot and can create a lot of steam to blow the top off. You would have the same problem with any blender if using too hot liquids.

Take a kitchen towel, fold it in half, put it over the lid, and hold the lid down.

After being badly burned once, for hot liquids I always use my stick blender in the pot. It's easier too.
Come to think of it, the blender hasn't been out of the top cabinet for years. I should transfer it to the garage.

After being badly burned once, for hot liquids I always use my stick blender in the pot. It's easier too.
Come to think of it, the blender hasn't been out of the top cabinet for years. I should transfer it to the garage.

Which stick blender do you have?

Can an immersion blender do a lot of the things a Vitamix does?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom