Huge lap dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awww. Big, small, we love them all! I love the dog food commercial with Rocky, the Irish Wolfhound (another huge breed), greeting and loving his owner who has just come back from active duty.

Last edited:
Having had Saints and Newfoundlands, I have to say, that they do think they are lap dogs. I have many pics of my guys sitting on my lap, on the couch (with front feet on the floor). One of the funniest memories I have of my Newf and my NewfX was when I came back home after leaving for work (forgot s/thing) only to find the two of them stretched out on the bed, side-by-side, with their heads on our pillows.

Love the big dogs!!! Please do not tell Patron he is NOT a big dog...

:LOL: Chihuahuas are always big dogs, according to chihuahuas! And 23 lb. Beagle is HUGE! Just ask all the neighborhood dogs who fear her!

I had a lab/retriever mix who loved to back up and sit on me, and anyone else.

Last edited:
We had 2 lab/rottweiler mixes...each at 70 pounds and if the doorbell rang they became lap dogs.

My big Dalmation became a lap dog if we went to visit the vet, or if there was a thunder storm. I also recall visiting an out of the way gift shop, and they were having a cookout. There were two Irish Wolfhounds who were helping themselves to the burgers from the grill. I had never seen such big dogs!

Last edited:
I love big dogs. Had 2 St. Bernards growing up. Big Gus and Little Gus. Little Gus was bigger then Big Gus. (180 lbs.)...
A friend of a friend had a St. Bernard who would accept only the small size Milkbones. Silly big dog with this tiny "bone" dangling from his lips. :LOL: The owner claimed he had to take the dog to the truck weigh station to find out how much he weighed.

We had a Great Dane who was backed down by a gopher! We heard a lot of barking and went to see----- there was a gopher standing up in front of it's tunnel, waving it's arms and 'barking' back at the Dane! No blood was shed in that encounter. We took the Dane into the house and I assume the gopher went into it's tunnel to be caught by us later.

D*** gophers! :angry:

My buddy's Drahthaar's face was tore up pretty bad going into a low bush after a groundhog. It needed stitches. Got the groundhog though.

My buddy's Drahthaar's face was tore up pretty bad going into a low bush after a groundhog. It needed stitches. Got the groundhog though.

I had to look up Drahthaar to make sure your fingers weren't on the wrong keys!
That breed was news to me. Learn something new every day.

Love big dogs. My German Shepard was huge. First of all European standards are different from American, European dogs are bigger. My dude was no show quality dog, he was way oversized even by European standards he was about 60 kilograms.

A friend of a friend had a St. Bernard who would accept only the small size Milkbones. Silly big dog with this tiny "bone" dangling from his lips. :LOL: The owner claimed he had to take the dog to the truck weigh station to find out how much he weighed.

We had to get ours weighed at a truck scale too. I guess back then Vets didn't have scales for big bundles of love.

I can believe the small Milkbones. As big as they are Saints don't eat as much as more active big dogs.

I sure can live without the slobber. When Gus shook his head you ran for cover. :LOL:

We had to get ours weighed at a truck scale too. I guess back then Vets didn't have scales for big bundles of love.

I can believe the small Milkbones. As big as they are Saints don't eat as much as more active big dogs.

I sure can live without the slobber. When Gus shook his head you ran for cover. :LOL:
I had a Saint Bernard living with us for a few months. When he shook his head, it sounded like a flock of pigeons taking off and slobber hit both living room walls, about 20 feet apart. :ohmy: :LOL:

I love threads about slobber! :ROFLMAO:

When we had our Dane and we had drinks before dinner and when friends came over for dinner---- well, of course everyone wound up in the kitchen having their drinks while watching me cook.

One night, martinis were the drink and a friend sat on a step stool in the kitchen with his glass held in front of him. The Dane was, of course, there with us.

He shook his head and we all watched, fascinated while a big ball of slobber flew across and landed, PLOP, right in his martini!! Fortunately he thought it was funny too---- and we all had another drink!

I love threads about slobber! :ROFLMAO:

He shook his head and we all watched, fascinated while a big ball of slobber flew across and landed, PLOP, right in his martini!! Fortunately he thought it was funny too---- and we all had another drink!

:LOL:

I guess you'd need another drink after that. ;)

Olives and slobber are not interchangeable. :yuk:

Taxlady, 20 feet is close for the range slobber can fly from Saints :rolleyes:

And if those bad boys have gas you can clear an arena. :mrgreen:

But we love our pets unconditionally now don't we? :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom