Dinner/Supper Thursday the 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a piece of steak left over from the other night. I'm thinking of serving it over garlic toast along with some scrambled eggs and home fries.

I have corned beef and cabbage going in the crockpot, using brown ale for the cooking liquid.

Just picked up the last ingredients I need for Italian style meatballs. I'll make enough for tonight and another meal or two.

We have another United Way take and bake coming: chicken and noodles, green bean casserole, and jello poke cake.

I have corned beef and cabbage going in the crockpot, using brown ale for the cooking liquid.

Thanks for the reminder mm. I have a corned beef in the freezer I want to cook this week. I love St. Paddy's day but we'll be on a South American cruise then and I don't want to miss one of my favorite meals. Who knows if we'll have it that night on the ship and I'm not taking any chances. ;)

We made a run to Costco today so it's one of their rotisserie chickens for dinner tonight with some asparagus and spuds.

Chicken breasts stufffed with blue cheese, chopped spinach and kale, then egged and breaded and baked. Accompaniments: roasted potato wedges and spinach and baby kale wilted in a splash of garlic olive oil.

Chicken breasts stufffed with blue cheese, chopped spinach and kale, then egged and breaded and baked. Accompaniments: roasted potato wedges and spinach and baby kale wilted in a splash of garlic olive oil.

That chicken dish sounds just delicious Jing! Do you have a recipe you could post?

I have been going over to my sisters' house a lot to watch the Olympics. BIL went to CO to ski so it will be her and me eating leftovers from last night's potluck; chicken, salad, potatoes and peanut butter cookies. And I don't think I can head over there without the obligatory popcorn with butter and brewer's yeast.

Change of plans; I had chicken for lunch so decided to make chimichitos for dinner with the leftovers.
Change of plans; The tortillas were all stuck together and tearing so I made hard tacos instead. No lettuce, but shredded cabbage worked great.

I went shopping at Costco, so I picked up a rotisserie chicken. I knew I would be too tired to cook a proper meal. Stirling was sounding quite reluctant about plain rotisserie chicken, so I posted a question: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/jazzing-up-rotisserie-chicken-89060.html#post1346055. Well, I followed Dawg's suggestion of teriyaki. I stir fried some broccoli and some frozen, julienned bell peppers, added some teriyaki sauce (Restaurant Teriyaki Sauce Recipe - Food.com - 133751, but I used 3 tblsps of honey and no sugar), and then threw in chunks of chicken breast. I served it with brown basmati rice. That was quite tasty, but I will tweak that recipe some more next time.

Hubby cooked tonight. We had BLATs (bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato sandwiches). Hubby got the bacon to that perfect crisp but still chewy point. I wish he would give himself more credit for his cooking. He doesn't cook often, but what he does cook is always really good.

Decided to do a Lenten "spring training" meal - it's less than two weeks away from Ash Wednesday. I needed bread, and the grocery that fries your purchased fish is in the same parking lot. We had cod and swai, along with coleslaw and tater tots (Himself was thrilled - I rarely have them). It's late, but my taste buds are asking if I'd please make up that mix of Trader Joe's gingerbread. Somehow I think my laziness will win that one. ;)

I bought a rotisserie chicken and made baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli with melted Velveeta cheese over it.

I'm still sore and tired...I'll do better later! I had butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon on the sweet potatoes.

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom