February 24 - what's for dinner this last Monday of the month?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Wow.... it is already dinner time here and no thread?

In about 30 minutes I will be making shake-n-bake pork chops, baked potatoes, and a veg (what ever is in the freezer).

What about everyone else?

A couple years ago, I took a Food Writing class and the instructor, the food & wine editor of a local lifestyle magazine, is starting a supper club - the first meeting is tonight. For $20 prix fixe, you get to choose from a three-course menu. DH decided not to go.

Here's the menu (tonight is Mannino's, not Croc's). I'm not sure what I'm having yet: http://patrickevanshyltonsupperclub.tumblr.com/

Last edited:
Pork chops. Probably grilled, but maybe fryed.
Potatoes. Probably home fries, but maybe grilled.
Green beans. Steamed and sauteed in EVOO with slivered almonds and herb de provence.
But maybe corn.

I have some left over Italian meatballs in marinara left from last night. Pasta and a salad.

The other day, my daughter told me she made dun dun noodles. It reminded me I hadn't made them in a long long time. So dun dun (dan dan) noodles was dinner for tonight.

DH had a ham and cheese sammy, and I finished the leftover chili spelunked from last night.

I've wanted to experience Italian cooking but today DA didn't want to leave her bed. She is tired more now, so I decided to make this easy for her and so we had chicken soup with a lettuce salad with radishes, cucumbers, green and black olives, chopped tomato, shredded cheese, and croutons.

I dumped a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken into chicken broth, pulled the meat off the bones and chopped up the meat and added a palmful of garlic powder and Italian seasoning, cracked black pepper, 2 tablespoons of nice fresh red onion, 3 dashes of paprika and thinly sliced baby carrots and two handfuls of rice.

It was very good. Aunty and Gwen like my cooking so very much!

With love,
~Cat

Cat, I hope DA feels better soon. It's this winter that's probably wearing her down. It's gone on too long and too cold.

Don't you just love the rotisserie chickens for soup Cat? I have a hard time passing them up when I shop. Quite often one ends up in my cart anyway. :LOL: If you like creamy soups, I like this recipe for a creamy wild rice chicken soup: Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe - Allrecipes.com I cut back on the butter and use milk instead of cream - and in spite of that it's become Himself's favorite soup.

I ended up nixing the chicken pot pies and used the chicken for Hot Brown sandwiches instead. I figured chicken and turkey were close enough in flavor if you're dousing it with cheese sauce and putting bacon on top. First time I've made them; Himself thought they were a winner. But of course - they had bacon! :yum:

We were out for dinner as I had a doctor's appointment.

We went to a family restaurant, Ricki's. They are a chain and I hadn't been to one in awhile. I had a chicken breast in a white wine and mushroom sauce with a baked potato, Caesar salad and veggies. TB had pork with a yummy chutney, potato and veggies.

Cat, I hope DA feels better soon. It's this winter that's probably wearing her down. It's gone on too long and too cold.

Don't you just love the rotisserie chickens for soup Cat? I have a hard time passing them up when I shop. Quite often one ends up in my cart anyway. :LOL: If you like creamy soups, I like this recipe for a creamy wild rice chicken soup: Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe - Allrecipes.com I cut back on the butter and use milk instead of cream - and in spite of that it's become Himself's favorite soup.

I ended up nixing the chicken pot pies and used the chicken for Hot Brown sandwiches instead. I figured chicken and turkey were close enough in flavor if you're dousing it with cheese sauce and putting bacon on top. First time I've made them; Himself thought they were a winner. But of course - they had bacon! :yum:

Oh I do! I looked at your link, this seems very good! I love the rotisserie chickens! I will copy that and also save your message here, if you don't mind?

It seems sometimes now lately DA has little appetite and tired and perhaps this will help!

Thank you!

With love,
~Cat

We HAD for my Birthday Dinner ( as it is now Tuesday here being ahead of you and all that) Honey roast Quail on a bed of chestnuts and cepes. Saute potatoes with lardons and a Creme Caramel for dessert. Two friends joined us and we had shared the cooking. How cool is that? :cool:
T ( my husband ) had taken me out to lunch at a favorite french restaurant of ours on Sunday as Monday is not a good day for finding restaurants open.

Belated Happy Birthday, Menumaker! Sounds like you had a good one!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom