What's Cooking February 26, 2014?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
It's getting closer to the 3rd of March when I shop to restore my stock of groceries.

I'm working on my grocery list and would like to add a few different dishes to my usual ones.

Yesterday I made sausage gravy and served it over stove top stuffing. I jazzed up the stuffing with extra dried minced onion and extra seasonings, sage and poultry. Wow, was it good that way!

Living alone, I love that a dish like that, using only 1/3# of sausage and one package of stuffing mix, I have at least 4 meals. Cheap, easy & yummy!

Today, I'm using up the last of the hamburger to make a batch of meatballs. I don't know if I'll use them in spaghetti sauce, or gravy yet.

What's cooking at your house today?

Last edited:
I am open for suggestions.
My grilled chops and home fries were so good the other night I feel like making them again just so I don't need to think about what to fix for dinner.
I am getting in one of those dinner ruts again...

I'm planning on making chicken cacciatore (need to butcher that whole chicken first) with some penne pasta to catch the sauce, a green salad and garlic bread.

...I am getting in one of those dinner ruts again...

I was getting into one too. I combat that by making a weekly menu before I shop for the week. That gets me to make new stuff or things I haven't made in a log time.

Pac, I know you usually are more spur of the moment. Just a thought.

I am open for suggestions.
My grilled chops and home fries were so good the other night I feel like making them again just so I don't need to think about what to fix for dinner.
I am getting in one of those dinner ruts again...

Sounds like you and I have the same rut. I'm hoping our friends here will have some inspiration for us.

I have some chicken thighs in the freezer that will be defrosting shortly. I will pop them in the oven and make rice pilaf to go along with it. Our veggie will be either green beans or broccoli.

pacanis, sounds like time for wings! I love your garlic/parm wings, they are sooooo yummy.

Dinner here is still up in the air. There are a few odds and ends of musgoes but those might be lunches for Ken. I'm thinking of some ravioli here. I have some lovely little raviolis I bought at the Italian Center, now to do a sauce...tomato (easy) or maybe something more labor intensive? Big caesar salad and fresh bread to go with.

I was getting into one too. I combat that by making a weekly menu before I shop for the week. That gets me to make new stuff or things I haven't made in a log time.

Pac, I know you usually are more spur of the moment. Just a thought.

Weekly menu?! :ohmy:
Maybe I'll start making a weekly menu when you start jogging.
Let me know.
:LOL:

I just got back from the store where I bought hot dogs, broccoli, mushrooms, French bread and garlic. Dinner will be spaghetti or hot dogs. I haven't had hot dogs in a while, so am leaning that way. I should take some sausage out the freezer so it's ready to go for spaghetti tomorrow or Friday.

I have a pork loin in the crockpot. Steamed broccoli and a salad along with. I'm hoping the pork loin lasts two nights.

Unbelievably, I have the next three dinners planned. Maybe four. :huh: So unlike me. Then again, I'll probably change the menu. :LOL:

Tonight is Taco Pot (otherwise known as a monster taco salad). It's another cold day today, so I might toss in extra chilies to warm us. Better have my Tums ready.

I decided to go with the spaghetti. It is freezing out there and I need a big plate of pasta.

Crispy Cheddar Chicken.jpg

We had Crispy Cheddar Chicken, Mash Potatoes, & Creamed Corn...

The Crispy Cheddar Chicken was a new recipe for our family. And I've got to admit it was absolutely DELICIOUS.

We had cube steaks, mashed potatoes and a lettuce salad. For dessert we had blueberry creme cake that I got at a bakery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom