Yogurt with strawberry shortcake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
Has anyone ever tried yogurt - especially unflavored, unsweetened Greek yogurt with strawberries and shortcake - instead of cream? It is a whole lot easier (and cheaper) for me to use yogurt.

Well, they are the same color...

If you want a cheaper and easier item to replace whipped cream, consider flavoring the yogurt to approximate it.

Has anyone ever tried yogurt - especially unflavored, unsweetened Greek yogurt with strawberries and shortcake - instead of cream? It is a whole lot easier (and cheaper) for me to use yogurt.
I don't see why not if you like yoghourt. I use it for all sorts of things, both sweet and savoury.

One of my tricks is to mix fat-free yoghourt with mayo to make a lower calorie mayo type dressing when I'm trying to lose weight.

I love layering Greek yoghourt, sliced strawberries (or any soft fruit) and crumbled ginger nut cookies in a glass for a quick dessert. Looks pretty and tastes divine.

Personally I don't like store bought sweetened, flavoured yoghourt but if you like it you could use it in the way you describe.

Great idea to use yogurt. I like unflavored greek yogurt. You could add a tsp of vanilla. I think if the berries are good, you don't need to add sugar to the yogurt.

Thanks! I will give it a try and let you know. I may add a little bit of heavy cream to the yogurt, just to give it a more creamy texture.

Back
Top Bottom