What's up for Dinner March 02, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocket_J_Dawg

Sous Chef
Jeez, nobody started a dinner thread for today. Well, Mrs.D made her famous Leberknödelsuppe with Apfel Fritter. (liver dumpling soup with apple fritters)

What was on your plate today??

We had broccoli cheese soup for dunch around 3:30. Then a friend stopped by tonight with some extra spicy tamales.

Last edited:
I ate early, around 5:30. Prime rib, mashed potatoes and gravy and broccoli with cheese sauce. I never got around to the slaw I made.

We had leftovers of pork cutlets and tom you goong. I just wrapped up dessert with a piece of chocolate cake with chocolate ganache frosting and some vanilla ice cream.

We went to McKibbens Irish Pub for supper. Stirling was in the mood for Irish pub food. He had bangers and mash. I had Irish stew (lamb, carrots, potatoes, Guiness gravy). The Irish stew was very tasty and not too lamby, though it did taste nicely of lamb. Stirling said the bangers were really tasty. Had that with draft Carlsberg.

Roasted a chicken stuffed with cut up lemon and rosemary, served it with smoked Gouda macaroni and cheese topped with buttered cracker crumbs. Didn't serve anything healthy or green with it...

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

We had cubed steaks in onion gravy with baked potatoes and corn about 7 PM.

It was supposed to be the Sicilian Spaghetti Bake, which has now been pushed back to Monday. Went to late (7:00 PM) Mass tonight, so on the way home I was trying to come up with something quick...and different. I had chicken, so watch out! Made a huge pot of rice so I'd already had some for Wednesday's Chinese something. Cut a chicken breast up in bite-size pieces. Seared it with a little of my homemade taco mix and a generous shake-shake of chipotle powder. Added in a can of drained and rinsed black beans, a can of Niblets corn, and about 1 1/2 cups of fresh salsa. When everything was heated through, the chix mix went on top of rice, and chopped pseudolantro (parsley) was sprinkled on top. Himself said I can come up with something like than any time! 'Twas tasty!

Attachments

• 2014-03-02 21.58.10.jpg
    2014-03-02 21.58.10.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom