Saturday, in the Park, wish it was the 4th of July. But it's 3/8/2014. What's up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I baked some big shrimp with s&p and olive oil in the toaster oven, and whipped up some cocktail sauce a la Ina Gartener. We have some salad mix too. What are you having?

I made some dough I divided. I have a cinnamon raisin swirl bread rising which will be baked soon. The other half will be used for 2 pizzas.

Musgoe pizza, salad and a diet soda.

I bought the dough, a 16 ounce ball of dough from the local PriceRite for eighty-five cents!

I feel bad buying dough, but I can't make it at home for eighty-five cents a pound!

Like the great Liberace said " I cried all the way to the bank!" :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Making split pea soup with some left over ham. I've also got some leftover meatloaf from last night and some homemade wheat bread for sammies.

I cooked up a bit of boneless chicken breast and heated it in the leftover chicken cacciatore. There was plenty of dark meat left for me, but Stirling doesn't like dark meat.

Busy day doing this and that, we we had leftover chicken reheated, frozen peas nuked, grape tomatoes, and slabs of bread for our starch. A "Good Enough" meal. ;)

Was going to make Indian tonight but stayed longer than expected at the hospital. Visiting my mother.

We ended up stopping at a roadhouse and shared a club sandwich and some hot wings.....

I don't know why I never ate this on a cookie sheet before. Easier than a plate and tidier than dumping everything on newspapers.

Attachments

• clambake.jpg
    clambake.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 202
Thanks guys. My once a year seafood splurge on a whole lobster. Must have been all that lobster talk last week.

I didn't get the meatloaves made the other day but I did them yesterday and we had that with mushroom gravy and more greek salad. There are three large meatloaves in the freezer now.

Taxy, sorry I didn't answer your questions about my meatloaf the other day.

I just use pork, beef, a mix of herbs (whatever my mood is at the time), salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. I free form the loaf on a foil lined cookie sheet, cover it with more ketchup and bake until done at 350. I use a meat thermometer, but I think it is about 1 hour on regular and 30 - 45 minutes on convection. Surprisingly it binds together very well. It cuts easily hot or cold and the slices stay together nicely.

As for the texture of the frozen slices, it is good. I put each portion in a sandwich bag, making sure to get out as much air as possible. Then I put them all in a larger freezer bag, again removing the air and pop them in the freezer. I try to remember to take it out early in the day I need it. By the time I make sandwiches, it is thawed and I just use a paper towel to blot out any moisture. I use ketchup and mustard on the bread and TB says it is moist and tasty!

Back
Top Bottom