Can anyone explain why we need Daylight Saving Time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Toronto Mayor Ford tweeted, "Daylight Saving Time starts this evening, turn your clocks back and change batteries in smoke alarms."

To his credit he corrected that a few minutes later after people reminded him.

Toronto Mayor Ford tweeted, "Daylight Saving Time starts this evening, turn your clocks back and change batteries in smoke alarms."

To his credit he corrected that a few minutes later after people reminded him.

LOL!! Yup, he needs a smoke alarm....

I always look for 'who benefits' when something is passed into law. Many laws make sense (stop signs for just one instance). But this one???? No.

Don't tell me I have to search back in the archives of .gov to see who lobbied for this! The domain .gov is SO cumbersome that it might take me years. :)

One of the top lobbyists for DLST full time is Kingsford Charcoal. I was at a presentation they made on this awhile back and it was impressive .

Have you seen the price on a bag of Kingsford lately? Yowza.

The best time to stock up on Kingsford charcoal are during the major spring and summer holidays. They're usually close to half off on sale at most big box stores.
I think I still have about 80 lbs worth left in the garage from last summer's sale from Home Depot.

The best time to stock up on Kingsford charcoal are during the major spring and summer holidays. They're usually close to half off on sale at most big box stores.
I think I still have about 80 lbs worth left in the garage from last summer's sale from Home Depot.

I wouldn't mind a heads up on that again. :chef:

I believe the golf story. Farmers work when the sun is out not when the clock tells them it's time to work. However grape farmers sometimes work during the night.... Sulfuring, machine picking and irrigation are night time jobs.

Fool me once. Almost. The little girls came around all yowly and lovey early mid afternoon like clock work. Feed me, I'm s t a r v i n g. I looke at the clock. it said 430. I said you're late today, even by their regular standards which can begin around noon and anytime thereafter. I thought they forgot, until I realized that just yesterday that would have been 330. Not that they need food by any clock. It's just if I feed them early, they will be back much sooner for more. .

It's funny. If I go away for a weekend and portion out dry food / day with an extra scoop for whatever, they only eat their daily amount. Yet they somehow think they can finagle an extra serving from dad anytime they feel like it.

One of the top lobbyists for DLST full time is Kingsford Charcoal. I was at a presentation they made on this awhile back and it was impressive .

That's interesting, to say the least. Makes sense that they would like more sun time in the evening for using their product.

How was it 'impressive"?

That's interesting, to say the least. Makes sense that they would like more sun time in the evening for using their product.

How was it 'impressive"?

It was their #1 legislative priority back then and I just recall that their presentation about it was impressive. But it didn't work!

I always heard it was so the farmers could stay out in their fields longer. There aren't many farmers like there used to be. When I was a kid I liked staying out playing longer. Now that I'm old, I go to bed early and want it to be dark. I do not spend a lot of time outdoors because of allergies. As soon as things start blooming my nose starts to run and my eyes start to water. Maybe it's my imagination, but I'm tired all the time during Daylight Saving Time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom