Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Brownies & Dessert Bars (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f102/)
-   -   Calling all lemon lovers! (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f102/calling-all-lemon-lovers-89227.html)

CWS4322 03-12-2014 09:19 AM

Calling all lemon lovers!

This recipe got added to my "must try this" list today:

Lemony Lemon Brownies Food Recipes

I found a link for lemon fudge and a copycat of the Olive Garden's lemon cake. I posted the links in the lemon lovers thread. The fudge sounds yummy!

Mad Cook 03-12-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWS4322 (Post 1350703)

Yum!

GotGarlic 03-12-2014 06:16 PM

That sounds really good! Copied and pasted.

Addie 03-13-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWS4322 (Post 1350703)

Why would you be so mean to us and post this? You know all of us want to leave the computer right now and go make them. And to think I just bought two lemons with no idea what I was going to use them for. :angel:

Aunt Bea 03-13-2014 09:23 AM

Those would make a nice treat for Easter, plenty of time for a few practice batches between now and then! :ermm::ohmy::lol:

CWS4322 03-13-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addie (Post 1350973)
Why would you be so mean to us and post this? You know all of us want to leave the computer right now and go make them. And to think I just bought two lemons with no idea what I was going to use them for. :angel:

Addie, if you make them, let us know if they are are as yummy as they sound. I "almost" went out to get lemons yesterday but with the driveway drifted in, and the snow falling, cold winds blowing, I decided I really didn't need to make them last night. I'm waiting for Alix to say she's tried them!

Alix 03-13-2014 05:08 PM

Hahahahahaha!!!! I read as far as your link the first time and no further. They're in the oven right now! I'll tell you how they are in about a half hour. I added a tsp of baking powder though.

GotGarlic 03-13-2014 11:40 PM

Alix, please let us know how you liked this recipe! I'm thinking of making a batch to take to my writing class next week and would love to hear how they turned out :smile:

Alix 03-14-2014 12:01 PM

Fast, easy and delicious! These are going in the keeper file. Bugs BF loved them, had three helpings! I took pictures but I have to send them from phone to comp...not sure how to post directly from my phone. I didn't have quite enough lemon zest so I added some orange zest and we liked the result.

Andy M. 03-14-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix (Post 1351230)
Fast, easy and delicious! These are going in the keeper file. Bugs BF loved them, had three helpings! I took pictures but I have to send them from phone to comp...not sure how to post directly from my phone. I didn't have quite enough lemon zest so I added some orange zest and we liked the result.

Alix, how many lemons did you need to get almost 5 Tb of zest?