Calling all lemon lovers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great recipe - this looks so delicious! Thanks :>) I loathe making crusts but this one looks do-able.

>>do-able

yup. it's like pretty much any recipe, first time through there's all the fretting and fussing.... coupla' whirls and it's quick&easy. worst part is dragging out the food processor (for me, anyway - not a big FP type here....)

>>do-able

yup. it's like pretty much any recipe, first time through there's all the fretting and fussing.... coupla' whirls and it's quick&easy. worst part is dragging out the food processor (for me, anyway - not a big FP type here....)

I still haven't figured out which food processor to buy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I would chop the nuts in small batches using my blender and then make the pasty using my old hand held pastry blender.

>>do-able

I keep both of my FPs on the counter. I use them too often to keep them out of sight. Along with my KA. :angel:

I still haven't figured out which food processor to buy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I would chop the nuts in small batches using my blender and then make the pasty using my old hand held pastry blender.

I have a very old wire kind that I got at a yard sale. All the paint was worn from the handle and the wood is dark with sweat. Sometimes it is easier to use that than dirty up the FP. :angel:

Hahahahahaha!!!! I read as far as your link the first time and no further. They're in the oven right now! I'll tell you how they are in about a half hour. I added a tsp of baking powder though.

Fast, easy and delicious! These are going in the keeper file. Bugs BF loved them, had three helpings! I took pictures but I have to send them from phone to comp...not sure how to post directly from my phone. I didn't have quite enough lemon zest so I added some orange zest and we liked the result.

Andy - 3 big lemons and some of an orange.

CWS - texture is nice and chewy like a brownie. Not the fudgy type of brownie that is sort of goopy in the middle, but like an undercooked cake brownie. Does that make sense to you?

Also, that is WAY too much glaze for the 9x9 pan. I'd do half next time.

:chef: Ohh Kayyyyy now!! Most everybody knows I hate to bake but when I read all your posts about these LEMON BROWNIES I had to give them a try. To me, the only thing wrong with Brownies is they're chocolate and I far prefer lemon to chocolate. I used 1tsp. of baking powder but I don't know how much good it did, as after I added it I looked at the date and it expired 3 years ago. :LOL: See...I warned you. The directions were annoying..

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
  3. Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
  4. In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.:ermm: I don't have a mixer with a paddle.
  5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. I did that in the measuring cup where I had already melted the butter. Why dirty another bowl?
  6. Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy. I beat it by hand for a while with a rubber spatula and called it "smooth and creamy" enough.
  7. Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 mins, should turn golden around the edges. I actually remembered to set the timer.
  8. Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
  9. Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
  10. Spread the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
Low and behold they are delicious. If I can do it, anybody can!!
Where's Dawg??

:ROFLMAO: Kayelle, you bake just like I do! Once a year, whether we like it or not! "Smooth and creamy enough". :LOL:

The notations are perfect!

Last edited:
The other day I tried a recipe I found on the Internet a while back; don't remember what site. Before I get into trouble, let me ask -- can I just post the recipe with the information I have? It's "Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart by dymnyno, October 29, 2009." I liked it a lot and we seem to have quite a few lemon-lovers here. Also, please, someone, let me know if it has already been posted somewhere and I'll cease and desist. TIA.

Sure, as long as the method is in your own words. You can also post the ingredient list as is. A link is even better.

Last edited:
Sure, as long as the method is in your own words. You can also post the ingredient list as is.

Change the wording of the directions. Such as "mix in the flour" to "gently fold in the flour in stages." "Add eggs" to "next add slightly beaten eggs." Change the wording as much as you can without changing the directions completely. :angel:

Thank you, Ladies.

Mary's Lazy Lemon Tart

1 large Meyer lemon
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar, put in the blender to refine it
1 quarter pound butter (1 stick)
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 slightly beaten eggs

Prepared pie or tart shell. (I just used one from the grocery store.)

Cut Meyer lemon into 8 pieces. Put everything into a blender and process until there no pieces of rind left. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes or until set. Watch toward the end of baking time so that the top doesn't burn.

There is a slight bitter undertone from the rind, but after the first few bites I really enjoyed it, slight bitterness and all. I like it best straight from the freezer, much more than when it's warm.

Thank you, Ladies.

Mary's Lazy Lemon Tart

1 large Meyer lemon
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar, put in the blender to refine it
1 quarter pound butter (1 stick)
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 slightly beaten eggs

Prepared pie or tart shell. (I just used one from the grocery store.)

Cut Meyer lemon into 8 pieces. Put everything into a blender and process until there no pieces of rind left. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes or until set. Watch toward the end of baking time so that the top doesn't burn.

There is a slight bitter undertone from the rind, but after the first few bites I really enjoyed it, slight bitterness and all. I like it best straight from the freezer, much more than when it's warm.

I'm lucky to have a Meyer lemon tree and I've done something like this but it really needs to be a Meyer lemon!
A Meyer has very thin skin and no white pith that could spoil the whole thing with a common lemon.

Last edited:
The other day I tried a recipe I found on the Internet a while back; don't remember what site. Before I get into trouble, let me ask -- can I just post the recipe with the information I have? It's "Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart by dymnyno, October 29, 2009." I liked it a lot and we seem to have quite a few lemon-lovers here. Also, please, someone, let me know if it has already been posted somewhere and I'll cease and desist. TIA.

Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart recipe on Food52.com

Back
Top Bottom