What's your meal plan for Tuesday March 18?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
It is 8:21 in the morning here and I actually know what I am cooking! Put a mark on the wall! :LOL: Actually, I am trying to prep myself for next week when TB starts back on afternoons for 6 months and I will be making our main meal at noon again.

Anyway, dinner will be pork chops with a balsamic/honey sauce, corn on the cob, asparagus wrapped in bacon (for TB, mine will be plain) and baked potato.

Dessert will be a gluten free pumpkin loaf I am trying for the first time, with some coconut milk ice "cream".

What's your plan?

I'm marinating some pork sirloins to make Harry's pork souvlaki for tonight's dinner. I plan to make some green beans with tomato, onion and garlic. I'm going to try frying some potato cubes (french fries the size of small dice).

I'm still deciding. I might nuke some leftover meatloaf and leftover potatoes, make a salad, and serve the rest of yesterday's Bearnaise sauce on the potatoes.

Into the oven any time I get hungry. Dinner is just heat and eat. Lamb stew pot pie with split and probably buttered scone toppers. I had a scone for breakfast and it was a wee bit dry.

I bought strawberries at the market the other day too. Buy one, get one. So there's that.

I feel like I should be doing something more to earn my keep.

Shredded chicken nachos from yesterday's leftover CP chicken. I think I got the sauce to the point where it won't blow the top of my head off. V8 juice is my friend.

Last edited:
I had some ground beef in the fridge. I gave the yungun a choice of Mexican burritos or meatloaf. He chose Mexican. So that's what we did.

Chicken, Andouille Gumbo
39817-albums888-picture5865.jpg

Chicken Parm, roasted mini mixed potatoes and asparagus..I did up a bruscetta mix for the tomato topping, and a bunch of cheeses I had to use

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
I'm still deciding. I might nuke some leftover meatloaf and leftover potatoes, make a salad, and serve the rest of yesterday's Bearnaise sauce on the potatoes.
So, for the most part, that's what we did. I didn't have enough leftover potatoes and had to hurry up cook some potatoes. I grabbed two quite large potatoes and sliced them before boiling them. I have never boiled sliced potatoes. I think I will go back to steaming them. That worked better. The potatoes tasted fine, but they tended to break.

I think Bearnaise is my new favourite sauce. It worked great on the potatoes, as well as on the meatloaf. What a great sauce. It has interesting flavours, but doesn't overwhelm what it's on. You can still taste whatever, really well.

Happy tummy.

Chicken, Andouille Gumbo
39817-albums888-picture5865.jpg

Looks good S&P, is that andouille really spicy? The one I have would, to quote Dawgluver, "blow the top of your head off". lol!

We had our corned beef tonight, I used my nephew's recipe (slightly altered) featuring a honey mustard glaze. I have to say it was the best corned beef I have ever had :). Served it with roasted potatoes, carrots, onion and fennel, and of course a wedge of cabbage cooked in the corned beef broth. Yum!!!
DH made instant banana cream pudding for dessert. =\

Last edited:
looks good s&p, is that andouille really spicy? The one i have would, to quote dawgluver, "blow the top of your head off". Lol!

We had our corned beef tonight, i used my nephew's recipe (slightly altered) featuring a honey mustard glaze. I have to say it was the best corned beef i have ever had :). Served it with roasted potatoes, carrots, onion and fennel, and of course a wedge of cabbage cooked in the corned beef broth. Yum!!!
Dh made instant banana cream pudding for dessert. =\

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1395199387.761240.jpg

I grazed through the leftovers...a little bit of everything, including a blueberry pancake for dessert.

My sciatica or pulled muscle or whatever it is was acting up (probably from starting back at the pool) and I slept most of the afternoon.

So, the pork chop dinner is on hold until tomorrow and I made Italian sausage in buns with caramelized onions and salad instead.

I roasted some chicken leg quarters with a mix of herbs and spices under and over the skin and brushed with soy sauce. I also made some doctored-up box stuffing and sauteed green beans and shallots.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom