New love: Roasted pepper spread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sprout

Sous Chef
I have long been in love with roasted red pepper aioli. I don't make it often though because I want to put it on everything and it's basically mayonnaise with a roasted rwd pepper, a clove or two of fresh garlic and a bit of lemon juice.

I always make some when I make corned beef and cabbage though becausr I love to substitute it for thousand island on a reuben made with the leftovers, so I made some Saturday. Well, I've now found a reduced guilt version. I mixed about a tablespoon in with about 1/4 cup plain yogurt and fell in love. It makes a wonderful veggie dip, it's great on an egg sandwich, it tasted even better on my reuben and I even used some with my corned beef and cabbage meal. It cut the saltiness of the meal quite nicely. I also used it to make some tuna salad this afternoon and it tasted great. It's not perfectly healthy, but much better than the original. I think I'll sub yogurt for some of the mayonnaise or egg and oil (depending on how I'm making it) next time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds delish, Sprout! I like to make roasted red pepper hummus. Just add the equivalent of one roasted red pepper. I whiz it in the food processor to make it easier.

I have long been in love with roasted red pepper aioli. I don't make it often though because I want to put it on everything and it's basically mayonnaise with a roasted rwd pepper, a clove or two of fresh garlic and a bit of lemon juice.

I always make some when I make corned beef and cabbage though becausr I love to substitute it for thousand island on a reuben made with the leftovers, so I made some Saturday. Well, I've now found a reduced guilt version. I mixed about a tablespoon in with about 1/4 cup plain yogurt and fell in love. It makes a wonderful veggie dip, it's great on an egg sandwich, it tasted even better on my reuben and I even used some with my corned beef and cabbage meal. It cut the saltiness of the meal quite nicely. I also used it to make some tuna salad this afternoon and it tasted great. It's not perfectly healthy, but much better than the original. I think I'll sub yogurt for some of the mayonnaise or egg and oil (depending on how I'm making it) next time!

I often mix yoghourt with mayo as I think it lightens it (and it reduces to calorie content when I'm trying to lose a bit). Will definitely have a go with your red pepper dip next time I have guests to feed.

Sounds delish, Sprout! I like to make roasted red pepper hummus. Just add the equivalent of one roasted red pepper. I whiz it in the food processor to make it easier.
I still haven't ever made red pepper hummus. I don't know why. I need to. There's really no excuse for me!

Back
Top Bottom