How many quarts/pints/cups in a gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cave76

Washing Up
This would be a handy graphic/pic for new(er) cooks to print out and put on fridge door.

http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/kitchen/2008_06_10-GallonsQuartsPintsCupsConversion.jpg

2008_06_10-GallonsQuartsPintsCupsConversion.jpg

Glad you liked it, PF---- Full disclosure---- my daughter sent that to me. We both share a love and some aptitude for graphic design.

Well, I'm going to print it out. That's one of the things my brains threw out while I was in nursing school.

Well, I'm going to print it out. That's one of the things my brains threw out while I was in nursing school.

Oh oh---- I didn't mean to imply that my daughter drew that----- just that she has an attraction to 'things graphic'. She found it on the Internet, of course.

No copyright issues for her, please. :angel:

Two-for-one taxy. Two tablespoons for every ounce.

Himself needed one of those graphics today cave. Before I left to grocery shop I asked him to move the last of the milk in the gallon to a pint bottle. He said "I bet there isn't much more than a cup here" and proceeds to pour it into my one-cupper (measuring cup #1). Just before it overflows he stops, pulls out the 2-cup one (measuring cup #2) and pours cup #1 into cup #2 and then empties the rest of the bottle...to the 14 oz mark. Kinda like my "just under a pint" eyeball measure. If it had been only a cup it wouldn't have made a difference since the smallest glass bottle we have is a pint size.

To get it into the bottle he had to move that 14 oz to a cup (measuring cup #3) with a narrower pour spout since the other two he used are more for pouring measured liquid into a mixing bowl. Lucky him he had all three cups washed by the time I got home. :LOL:

Oh, should those last two paragraphs have gone in the "petty vents" thread? :ermm:

CG, I know there are two tablespoons in a liquid ounce. I just sometimes forget if it's 16 tablespoons or or 16 ounces in a cup or is it 32...

I have used twice as much butter as I should have in a recipe because of that. It was not a mistake that ruined the food. ;)

8 ounces in a cup, 16 tablespoons in a cup.
What, does everyone think I can't look at the cup and see that? It's just something that I sometimes forget (or think I'm remembering it and I'm not) and a graphic in the kitchen would be handy. And Stirling could look at it too.

What, does everyone think I can't look at the cup and see that? It's just something that I sometimes forget (or think I'm remembering it and I'm not) and a graphic in the kitchen would be handy. And Stirling could look at it too.

Sorry, I thought I was helping when you said "I just sometimes forget if it's 16 tablespoons or or 16 ounces in a cup or is it 32..." with giving you the correct numbers...

I'll go back to my magazine.

Oh, well then, sorry. You know that thing how you forget what a measure conversion or something is for a cup? Yeah, that's how my brain works with explaining things...:(

I've got a conversion placard I keep on the inside of a cupboard door. That graphic though would be nice (for those of you who decorate your kitchens) hanging on the wall. Maybe as a needlepoint or something. It would make a nice conversation piece.

Back
Top Bottom