March 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Normally by this time of year, the snow is melting away and we're collecting maple sap. Today, it still feels like the begining of November, and it's snowing!

Now don't get me wrong. I like the four seasons, and winter is up there as a favorite. But even for me, this winter is lasting too long, and has been way cold. Spring may be officially here by date, but it seems a long way off by the weather. I'll never get a fly in the water at this point.:(

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

In my area, they have this winter fishing technique they call Ice Fishing. Apparently what you do is cut a hole in the ice and haul up a fish. Then you cut another hole in another place until you reach your limit. I think the fish are suspended animation in the ice. Some people put up little houses on the lake, have comfortable chairs inside and spend all day.

I thought I heard a Robin this week. I hope not. There's more than 2 feet snow on the grass and no worms. Gotta keep the bird feeders filled.

Last edited:
In my area, they have this winter fishing technique they call Ice Fishing. Apparently what you do is cut a hole in the ice and haul up a fish.
I've always suspected ice fishing is nothing more than an excuse to get away from home and drink. Guys go ice fishing because they know their wives and girlfriends would never be insane enough to tag along. ;)

My daughter is planning a trip to Boston in mid April. We actually bought her a coat and thermal underwear just in case things don't warm up. That is going to be some serious climate shock for her.

Ah yes, March 27th. Or as I like to think of it, only three more shopping months till my birthday. Just sayin'...:whistling

Ice fishing is a very popular winter sport up here too. I don't partake personally as we have an ice maker and make our own.
img_1354270_0_eaf502c4ae65780627448360eda2e1b2.gif
Dang it! Ya got me! :ROFLMAO:

We had hamburgers - TB had Greek salad and potato chips with his. I had Greek salad and avocado kale salad (and no bun).

I thought it was the new weather thread.
I'm kinda surprised it wasn't stickied already :LOL:

Yesterday I said it was cold. This morning I awoke to 6 inches of fresh snow. The tree branches are all covered in white, and I know the plow will place a wall of snow at the front of my driveway, that I will have to shovel before I can drive into it after work tonight. More good exercise. This winter is definitely helping my arm and chest strength.:LOL:

For the first time ever, my webber is completely covered by snow. There is only a little bump on top of the snow to show where it is.

I took pictures with my cell phone as it looks like Dec. 3th, on March 28th. We're supposed to be boiling sap by now.:ohmy:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom