Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Kiss the Cook 3/28/14 (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/kiss-the-cook-3-28-14-a-89398.html)

Dawgluver 03-28-2014 05:51 PM

Think I'll roast up some cauliflower and carrots, and maybe spelunk some type of meat. We'd go out, but DH is very interested in all the basketball games on TV, and doing taxes has me kinda burnt out.

What are you having?

jabbur 03-28-2014 05:58 PM

I've got mushroom Swiss chicken in the oven. I have some green beans and corn ready to heat up in a few. Gonna skip the mashed taters we usually have with the chicken. Not up to making them tonight and we'll be going away for the weekend tomorrow afternoon.

pacanis 03-28-2014 06:05 PM

I'll make up for the mashed potatoes you aren't making, Jabbur.
I'm having pan fried pork chops, frozen corn with butter and copious amounts of mashed potatoes with gravy.

Rocket_J_Dawg 03-28-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacanis (Post 1354421)
I'll make up for the mashed potatoes you aren't making, Jabbur.
I'm having pan fried pork chops, frozen corn with butter and copious amounts of mashed potatoes with gravy.

Oh man, one of favorite meals pac. (Hmm, I wonder how long it would take to get to PA) Is the lake frozen over? I could drive across from Port Dover. LOL.

Whiskadoodle 03-28-2014 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=pacanis;1354421 I'm having pan fried pork chops, frozen corn with butter and copious amounts of mashed potatoes with gravy.[/QUOTE]

I hope you bought a family size pkg chops Pac. This is one of my premier favorite meals too. I especially like a fork with a little corn, potato and a little gravy in one bite.

I am having tired biscuits, from yesterday, which hopefully will brighten up under sausage gravy. Now I think I will make pan buttered corn too.

taxlady 03-28-2014 06:43 PM

We're having pre-made Indian. We have decided on Paneer darbari (paneer cheese curry) and vegetable korma. I'll nuke some brown basmati rice to go with it and we'll try out the hot mango chutney I bought when I went shopping with dragnlaw.

pacanis 03-28-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg (Post 1354422)
Oh man, one of favorite meals pac. (Hmm, I wonder how long it would take to get to PA) Is the lake frozen over? I could drive across from Port Dover. LOL.

I saw a little blue when I was on the hill a couple days ago. You may have to get a running start on your snowmobile :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle (Post 1354425)
I hope you bought a family size pkg chops Pac. This is one of my premier favorite meals too. I especially like a fork with a little corn, potato and a little gravy in one bite.

I am having tired biscuits, from yesterday, which hopefully will brighten up under sausage gravy. Now I think I will make pan buttered corn too.

Actually, it is the family pack. A family pack of what they are now calling "porterhouse" porkchops :yum:
Corn away :punk:

Cooking Goddess 03-28-2014 10:00 PM

Ended up cheating and picked up a pre-made Uno's pizza at the grocery store. Went in with a short list so I should have been quick. Nope! That's when I feel I have time to browse for items I normally don't use, or foods that are new to me. By the time I was done window shopping I figured tonight's dinner-to-be will have to wait. Flat pizza yesterday, deep-dish tonight! :lol: At least we redeemed ourselves by having nice salads beforehand.

Andy M. 03-28-2014 10:06 PM

Margherita pizza was on the menu tonight. It turned out really good.

mmyap 03-28-2014 10:58 PM

I have garlic and lemon chicken breasts baking in the oven. A nice big salad on the side, tatziki for the dressing. Carmel cookie crunch gelato topped ith Biscoff cookies crushed.