Piano Man Sucking the Suds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
2_21_joel_billy.jpg

The Piano Man, "following a recent bout of severe gastrointestinal distress," checked himself into an undisclosed facility "for treatment of alcohol abuse," his spokeswoman Claire Mercuri said yesterday.

It's the second time in less than three years the Grammy-winning singer-songwriter turned to rehab to overcome his booze blues. On June 12, 2002, he escaped serious injury in a car crash in East Hampton.

In May 2003, Joel told NBC's "Dateline" that he was "an alcohol abuser," but insisted that's not the same as being an alcoholic.

"I can abuse alcohol. If the demons get me, I'll go on a bender," he told Katie Couric.

"It's happened to me before. That's why I went into rehab. I was on a binge. I was on a bender. And I said: 'This is stupid. I gotta stop.' And I went and I did stop."
http://www.foxnews.com/images/157295/2_21_joel_billy.jpg

I agree Damp. I dont feel he wants to admit it. Thats a BIG problem for him I feel. Goes to show you can a heap of money and still have problems just like any person. He isnt looking so hot either.

DampCharcoal said:
An alcohol abuser but not an alcoholic? Does that mean I can abuse drugs and not be a drug addict? Sounds like Joel's in denial.

in agreement DC, as the saying goes, a rose by any other name is still a rose.....

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
I agree Damp. I dont feel he wants to admit it. Thats a BIG problem for him I feel. Goes to show you can a heap of money and still have problems just like any person. He isnt looking so hot either.
he never looked hot to begin with lol

Back
Top Bottom