Frozen Ranch Dressing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sprout

Sous Chef
I made some ranch dressing from a packet with soy milk and yogurt. I don't think we'll finish it before it goes bad. There shouldn't be any problem with freezing half, should there? It will probably seperate when it thaws, but should be easily mixed back up, right?

I would think it would be fine. May take a bit of blending, but why waste it? I tend to freeze everything, and yogurt freezes well for me.

Sprout, I don't have any advice about freezing what you have leftover, but I know the packets make too much for me to use up, too. This might be helpful to you in the future - Hidden Valley Ranch sells the powdered mix in canisters now. I have the small 3.75 oz jar in my pantry now, but it comes in larger canisters. I love how I can just make a small amount. :)

3 tablespoons equal one packet, so I usually cut that amount in half and don't end up with more than I can use.

https://www.hiddenvalley.com/produc...s/salad-dressing-and-seasoning-mix-canisters/

Thanks! Cheryl, I just wish it came in more than original. I use the packets that call for either buttermilk or sour cream and use a 1milk:2yogurt:1mayo ratio or just sub the yogurt for the sour cream (like I did this time) depending on the brand. It comes out too sour if I use original Hidden Valley. I should probably just make up my own ranch spice mix!

Get a can of powdered buttermilk (in the baking aisle) and your own spices, you could make the mix to suit your tastes.

Get a can of powdered buttermilk (in the baking aisle) and your own spices, you could make the mix to suit your tastes.

That's what I do. I make all of our own salad dressings and we can't take the taste of the bottled anymore. Even what used to be my favorite brand. Marzetti's.

Back
Top Bottom