Dinner 4-11-2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I've been down with a nasty cold the past couple of days, and just checked in to see the dinner thread. There wasn't one, so late as it is I thought I'd go ahead and add it - don't want my OCD to flare up by missing a day of dinners here. :wacko: :LOL:

I'm having one of my emergency stashes of Trader Joe's frozen mac and cheese. Then off to the recliner for a movie.

What did everyone else have this evening? :)

Fish fry and beer. The fish, coleslaw, and tater dots came from the grocery store, the beer from a tiny microbrewer in the same town. It was all really good stuff, especially since I wasn't in the mood to cook tonight.

What movie did you see Cheryl? Be sure to put a mini-review in the Movie Thread. ;)

Cheryl, it's a wonder that us left coasters are first with a dinner report. Hope you feel better quick. Good to hear you went out for dinner CG.

I'm still hungry for some home cooking and tonight was fantastic, she said modestly.

Medium rare pan fried loin lamb chops (from Costco), seasoned with Cavenders Greek Seasoning...(love that stuff), and served with Colmens classic mint sauce.

Orzo with onion soup mix and sliced black olives.

Mixed southern greens simmered with bacon, onion and chicken stock.

Another left coaster here! And we eat probably earlier than the Easterners!

For Main Meal at noon, TB had sausage patties with French Toast. I just had a salad and a couple of chicken strips from yesterday.

I am still not all that hungry so have been munching on raw veggies. I may have a bunless burger soon.

Last edited:
Here on the East coast I had Pope Yes spicy fried chicken with red beans and rice. SO had Cajun fish and popcorn shrimp with cole slaw.

Andy, I sure wish we had a "Pope Yes" nearby. LOL. I always see that when I see their logo on the commercials. :LOL: I've only been there once or twice and loved their chicken.

Kayelle, thank you for the well wishes. I just took my temperature and it's 100.5 so something is going on.

CG, I browsed through Netflix and just turned on "The Magic of Belle Isle". Looks like a good one. I LOVE Morgan Freeman. I'll put my own little mini review in the movies thread you linked to but it may not be until tomorrow.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Friday night meals. :)

There is magic to be found using a skinny spatula. I cleaned out the bottoms from jars of orange marmalade, some habanero jelly, Famous Dave's spicy pickle relish, and the tail end of some bbq sauce. Mixed together with some garlic, minced onion and heated it all together. Fired up the Smokey Joe and grilled two boned skinned chix breasts, painted with the sauce. Green beans and cauliflowers in a grill pan.

That sounds like a really good grilling sauce, Whisk. I've accidentally made some of the best sauces from scraping the bottom of jars - never in a million years could I ever reproduce them. :LOL:

Love the skinny spatular myself.

I had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn.
I'll have to pick up some wheat bread at the store today as I love cold meatloaf sandwiches on wheat with mustard.

Mmm...I love cold meatloaf sandwiches, too. For me, the leftovers are the best part of a meatloaf dinner. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom