Shameless Self Promotion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Here is one burger we make at work. We call this one the Boss Hog. 6 oz in-house ground beef, ham, smoked meat, bacon, w/ da works....

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Smoked "meat" :ermm:
I don't even feed my dogs unidentified ingredients :LOL:

Good looking burger though.

that looks to be a bleached horseshoe crab shell as a bun....

looks to be about the right size for that burger.

urp! (g)

Montreal Smoked Meat.Montreal-style smoked meat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Deli style cured beef brisket. The bun is a rustic sour dough. We sell dozens a day.....

Interesting. I thought maybe it was the "meat du jour". In other words whatever smoked meat you happened to have laying around and wanted to use up on the hamburger.

What I (and others) call pastrami when I smoke a corned beef brisket sounds like it is a lot closer to your "smoked meat".

Mmmm! Montreal smoked meat! Yum!
It's definitely different than Pastrami, which I fondly call "dog breath". Because that's what it smells like to me. But smoked meat is so much better!

That burger would feed several people Rock! Looks good

Mmmm! Montreal smoked meat! Yum!
It's definitely different than Pastrami, which I fondly call "dog breath". Because that's what it smells like to me. But smoked meat is so much better!

That burger would feed several people Rock! Looks good

:LOL: Other than dog breath, Bunny, that was my thought too, cheap meal for me and 5 of my closest friends...

Smoked "meat" :ermm:
I don't even feed my dogs unidentified ingredients :LOL:

Good looking burger though.

You have to be Canadian to appreciate "Montreal smoked meat". It is a wonderful delight - a step up from corned beef and pastrami. And we just call it smoked meat out here too. I loved a hot smoked meat sandwich with Havarti melted on toasted sour dough bread. I am getting hungry thinking about it.

Rock, your burger rocks!

Last edited:
That definitely is a meat celebration, but considering we are a meat shop and deli, our customers wouldn't expect anything less..:pig:

We have lots of other healthier options to choose from. If that's your thing...:glare:

Last edited:
You have to be Canadian to appreciate "Montreal smoked meat". It is a wonderful delight - a step up from corned beef and pastrami. And we just call it smoked meat out here too. I loved a hot smoked meat sandwich with Havarti melted on toasted sour dough bread. I am getting hungry thinking about it.

Rock, your burger rocks!

Oh I don't think I need to be Canadian to appreciate it :yum:
I just needed to be Canadian to know what it was :LOL:

Like the midwest's "loose meat" ;)

Back
Top Bottom