No Icons, Just Text

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
All the icons that normally appear in the forum listings have disappeared and have been replaced with the descriptive text. It makes for a busy page.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is it something I did inadvertently or is there a site issue?

This appears to be a V 1.0 issue. Looks normal in V 3.0

Last edited:
Do you mean under ""Other Social Communities Knowledge"? That's at the bottom of this page but I have icons.

If that's not where you mean........

NO! e.g. in this thread, where you see a green circle under your name indicating you are online, I see "cave76 is online now" The same is true for all the icons in the reply boxes and on the forum page.

On the iPad, it's business as usual. I'll fire up the Dell PC and take a look on that. (Not that I can offer any tech assistance...)

OK, I'm on the PC, using Firefox. Everyone has green dots, no text. The other icons are still just icons.

Wonder if it is, as S&P suggested, related to the new Windows bug? Hopefully Janet can take a look.

Last edited:
This is what it looks like. The problem also exists on the forum listing page.

Attachments

• DC No Icons.jpg
    DC No Icons.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 252
Andy,

Maybe this will shed some light.

It looks like you are using the "Discuss Cooking v1.0" style from the style chooser at the bottom of the page. I'm using "Discuss Cooking v3.0" and I see all the icons. However, when I switch to 1.0, the icons disappear as you describe.

I am 99% certain there is no "Windows Bug" at play here. It looks more like a problem where the DC website is simply missing some of its image content.

Steve, I agree. Joey is using IE and I'm using Firefox. We both have versions of the problem.

I use Chrome and have DC set to v3.0 and everything looks normal. I switched to v1.0 and got a different look: all of the "buttons" at the bottom of each post box or to report/flag a post has the funky pastel box that looks like the " Insert Image" button just above the compose box. Needless to say, back to v3.0 I scurried!

I use Chrome and have DC set to v3.0 and everything looks normal. I switched to v1.0 and got a different look: all of the "buttons" at the bottom of each post box or to report/flag a post has the funky pastel box that looks like the " Insert Image" button just above the compose box. Needless to say, back to v3.0 I scurried!

The problem is limited to v1.0

OK, I'm on the PC, using Firefox. Everyone has green dots, no text. The other icons are still just icons.

Wonder if it is, as S&P suggested, related to the new Windows bug? Hopefully Janet can take a look.

Same here. Everything is normal. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom