What? No Dinner Thread? 4/29/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
We had leftover baked cod, carrots with ranch dip, and microwaved cheese dip that DH picked up, with Tostitos.

So what was your gourmet spread?

One of the tenants in the apartment building we manage brought me some beautiful, fresh caught Mahi. (He is officially my favorite tenant and will now get exception service when he has a maintenance issue. Apparently, I can be bribed. The lesson here is, always keep your rental management office secretary happy.)

It will be pan seared and topped with a butter, lemon and basil sauce. Steamed asparagus on the side. A coffee ice cream pie with brownie chunks for the sweet.

We had a roast chicken along with baked potatoes topped with sour cream and bacon and string beans.

"Fancy" salad (mesclun, olives, bacon, cheese, toms) along with focaccia bread. Oven roasted pan of chicken Italian sausage, green and red peppers, Vidalia onion, zucchini and summer sausages. Tasted good - ate too much. *burp*

We had Thai-style stir-fry with pork, onions and four colors of peppers over steamed rice. The sauce was made with sweet Thai chili sauce, fish sauce and soy sauce and the dish was seasoned with kaffir lime, basil and mint.

Made a spicy Asian noodle dish, served cold and a grilled tuna steak which was marinated with Asian ingredients.

I did some running around for my mother and when we returned she put a frozen pizza in the oven. I didn't really want it but I couldn't say no to her offer so I ate some. It doesn't taste bad going down but then it just sits there like a brick....

I wasn't going to eat big last night anyway, but when the power went out it made it easy to throw a couple hot dogs on the grill and grab some leftover chicken wings out of the fridge.

After all the lamb talk over Easter, I finally got my lamb fix yesterday. I picked up some nice little rib chops and grilled them. Seasoned them first with a little fresh garlic rub, kosher salt, cracked pepper, and added a sprig of rosemary to the hot coals. They were absolutely delightful! :yum: Greek salad and garlic bread on the side.

I meant to post the pic last night, but I fell asleep early. :)

img_1360482_0_f135f163b43e20f6068f86244f9728e8.jpg

Have you posted the recipe for the noodle dish? That sounds yummy :yum:

Noodle Salad

1 lb bucatini

1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil

1/3 cup rice vinegar

1/3 cup soy sauce

juice from one lime

zest of one lime

2 tablespoons brown sugar

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 teaspoons red pepper flakes

1 cup finely grated carrot

1/4 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1/2 cup chopped green onion

In a large pot, cook bucatini according to package directions. Drain, rinse noodles with cold water, and set aside.
Pour into a large bowl the sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and lime juice. Mix in lime zest, brown sugar, garlic, and red pepper flakes; stir until sugar dissolves. Toss in carrots, peanuts, green onion and cilantro.
Add bucatini to dressing and toss to coat all noodles. There should be very little to no dressing left after tossing. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Toss salad again before serving. If dry, splash with soy sauce and vinegar. Serve cold.

Thanks so much, all. :) After all the years I've been grilling, I still second guess myself. It would have been so disappointing to cut into those spendy beauties and find I'd overcooked them. I was pleased. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom