May Day....What's for dinner? 5-1-2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Pan seared scallops, and.....I don't know what else yet. :)

What's on everyone's menu this May Day? :chef:

Leftovers. And when we're done with that there will be...leftovers! If variety is the spice of life, my long drawer in the refrigerator is very spicy! :LOL:

Leftover roast chicken consumed in various combinations determined by each diner's preferences. One diner (me) will probably have a quesadilla.

Baltimore Pit Beef. I'll probably grill a couple smashed redskins to go along.

We had Chinese style stir-fried chicken with peppers, sugar snap peas, spring onions, peanuts and asparagus tips. It was as Chinese as we could make it, given that Chinese ingredients are very difficult to get hold of here in Italy.

Machiavelli said in his book 'The Prince' "It is the settlers, not the wanderers, who are the builders of nations".

Di

Last edited by a moderator:
Scallops with a medley of fried potatoes, red bell peppers, green onions and spinach. A friend gave me a bag of green onions and spinach from her garden today. That certainly helped me out on what to make for the side. :) The scallops were what I'd hoped for - sweet and tender. :yum:

img_1360695_0_49462d1a6afb25da64f8f91e7929027e.jpg

Thank you, pac. :)

I had to do a search on Baltimore Pit Beef. I hadn't heard of it. It looks like it's a seared eye of round roast, shaved thinly, served on a roll, and a horseradish sauce is key. Sounds wonderful. :yum: Did you love it? :)

Scallops with a medley of fried potatoes, red bell peppers, green onions and spinach. A friend gave me a bag of green onions and spinach from her garden today. That certainly helped me out on what to make for the side. :) The scallops were what I'd hoped for - sweet and tender. :yum:

Those scallops are making my mouth water.

Beautiful scallops, Cheryl!

I want Cheryl's scallops, they look fabulous!
I will have to settle for a tuna salad sandwich(I was kind of craving tuna, can you imagine?) ?. Maybe, I will make it a tuna wrap. DH is having hot dogs. He worked late and I had a massage after work, so nobody cooked.

Thank you, pac. :)

I had to do a search on Baltimore Pit Beef. I hadn't heard of it. It looks like it's a seared eye of round roast, shaved thinly, served on a roll, and a horseradish sauce is key. Sounds wonderful. :yum: Did you love it? :)

You're welcome :)

Yes, I like it a lot and yes the sauce is key. And I don't even like horseradish, but the lemon really makes it pop.
I came across it doing my football challenge last season http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f123/pppc-ii-its-baaaack-86933-12.html

Our version of Swiss steak and mashies. I also did the prep work for a Cuban style pork shoulder that I'll roast on the Egg. I made my usual garlic, salt and cumin paste which got rubbed all over and shoved down into the pockets I created when I went "Serial Killer" on the roast, stabbing it so many times I lost count.:angel: It is now taking a bath in the wonderful mojo I made.:yum:

img_1360779_0_49462d1a6afb25da64f8f91e7929027e.jpg

Now I'm wishing I had stopped by the fish market while I was out, to get some yummy scallops! :yum: I think we'll have that tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom