May 2, 2014 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm looking for something easy for tonight and found some leftover marinara sauce in the freezer. So, a pasta dish and garlic bread it'll be.

What's on everyone's menu? :chef:

I haven't decided because I'm going to watch my grandson's first ever baseball game @5:30 and SO is going to join me on her way home from work. We may stop for a pizza or something on the way home.

Early one tonight. Heading out for a playing job for 6:00. Going to cook some Tandoori chicken that was supposed to be for last night. One more day marination should make it tastier. Made some Moong Dal and basmati rice go go with it

I haven't decided because I'm going to watch my grandson's first ever baseball game @5:30 and SO is going to join me on her way home from work. We may stop for a pizza or something on the way home.

This made me smile. :) Have a great time.

Last edited:
Leftover roasted chicken that I've cut up and put into a white wine-tarragon sauce. We'll have that over hot noodles along with a bowl of steamed fresh Brussels sprouts. Iced tea to drink and the last of the strawberry creme pie for dessert.

I defrosted some chicken / mozzarella / artichoke sausage so I have to use that. I have some potato gnocchi. I can't decide on red sauce vs. alfredo sauce for the gnocchi.

I found some elk burger in the freezer that I'm going to turn into tacos.

Oven roasted salmon and red potatoes, steamed Swiss chard from my garden drizzled with garlic and olive oil, and salad --- lots of lettuce in my garden, too.

Panko-Taco chicken breast. It'll be for DH, I can't chew anything right now.

I'm pretty much exhausted after a day's heavy duty grocery shopping.

I just whipped together an easy bowl of simple gazpacho - Just vegetable juice and salsa mixed together. Add a couple of cold beers, and I'm satisfied.

Panko-Taco chicken breast.

Dawgluver, is that just taco seasonings in panko? Sounds like something we'd like.

Andy M, pizza sounds like the perfect ending for a first ever baseball game.

We're firing up the grill for the first time this season. Trying to eat down the freezer and pantry, it's porterhouse steak, potato salad and some frozen corn fried in butter. I'm going to have to either toss or plant last year's potatoes very soon.

Pizza was vetoed so I made a batch of Goya red beans and rice, grilled some kielbasa and added a veggie.

Dawgluver, is that just taco seasonings in panko? Sounds like something we'd like.

Yes, Bookbrat, just McCormick Taco seasoning mixed in the panko. Dipped them in beaten egg, then the panko mix, fried, then baked for awhile in the toaster oven as I didn't pound them flat. DH liked them, I have chewing issues, so just had a nibble.

But how was the game Andy?

Calling it a game is very generous. It's a bunch of 6 and 7 year olds and their first exposure to baseball. It was kind of funny to watch. Think Bad News Bears x 100.

Here's Steven at bat. He got a single and eventually scored.

Attachments

• DSC04524_2.jpg
    DSC04524_2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 159
Back
Top Bottom