Your Coffee Mug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No coffee mug here, don't drink coffee. My father has his Navy mug--heaven forbid it ever gets washed and NO ONE is allowed to touch it (he constantly misplaces it throughout the house) and that results in a frantic search--he couldn't possibly use one of the other 24 or so mugs in the house. I do have a great big mug that I keep pencils in...and another one that is my soup mug. I like soup in a mug. It is one a friend brought me from Mexico and is oversized.

I have a 12 oz. glass cup that for $1 I found at a Dollar Store. I bought it because it's a deep true cobalt, almost deep purple sometimes. I just love the way it looks. I use it for my morning coffee, always, and because of it's size, I like to use it for soups.

There is no one else living here but me, but I'd probably have a fit if someone else tried to use it.

I have a 12 oz. glass cup that for $1 I found at a Dollar Store. I bought it because it's a deep true cobalt, almost deep purple sometimes. I just love the way it looks. I use it for my morning coffee, always, and because of it's size, I like to use it for soups.

There is no one else living here but me, but I'd probably have a fit if someone else tried to use it.
I have 3 very large cups that fit your description. I haven't measured how much they hold. I got them at the dollar store too.

Thanks all for letting me know I'm not crazy in having a special mug for that morning java. :ROFLMAO:
I have plenty of mugs that are chipped and dinged that I use for java in the car or to carry around the property. (One day I'm going to find that green mug that's out there somewhere.) But it's nice to know there are others who have that special mug for there morning delight and will be disappointed if forced to use a replacement.

CWS, I've got a soup mug too. But it will never taste coffee. :LOL:

Who else has mugs that you never use?
I've got plenty of them.
Years ago a client who did pottery asked us to move her kiln. No big deal for strong young backs. As a joke I said it would cost her making coffee mugs for me and the fellow I work for.
Here's a pic of what I got. And yes it looks like me 25 years ago. The boss never got one and for me it's just too special a mug to use.

Thanks for the pics folks. They make the thread interesting as we're all a bit voyeuristic.

Oh and CWS I've included a pic of my soup mug since I had the camera out.

Now I just need to train Lucy & Ethel to hork hairballs to protect my mugs.;)

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0185.JPG
    IMG_0185.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 135
This is my tea mug that I bring down to the patio with me. I have large tea bags that are big enough for two full strength cups. This cup holds a half pot of coffee, so it is big enough for my tea bags. When any of the residents want to start to talk to me when I am doing my needlework, I just pick up the cup with the message facing them. and take a long sip. Long enough for them to read the whole thing. They get the message real quick. Other wise I have a different mug for my coffee. :angel:

Attachments

• 101_0256.jpg
    101_0256.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 149
I understand about the special coffee cup or mug. But, I like the ones with the flower enough that I bought six, so I would still have my special cup, if one broke. I have six of the blue and white one and three of the cobalt blue one. Zhizara, is this like the one you have? These cups each hold 12 US fluid ounces.

Attachments

• coffee cups.jpg
    coffee cups.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 184
I too have a soup mug that is the replica of Campbell's Soup. It was a gift filled with a very large flowering plant when I had open heart surgery. She has passed on, but I think of her every time I look at it. :angel:

My soup mug, don't you ever touch it, is part of a set that I got when I was 17 years old from Mom & Dad. It's an 18 ouncer and has mushrooms on it.

OMG!!! I went looking for my Happy Bunny mug...Shrek dropped it today when he was washing dishes.

Now I have to find a new favorite mug...:(:blink:

Anyway here is "Pardon Me" and the Mushroom mug.

Anyone want to buy an Ogre?

Attachments

• mug shot.jpg
    mug shot.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I understand about the special coffee cup or mug. But, I like the ones with the flower enough that I bought six, so I would still have my special cup, if one broke. I have six of the blue and white one and three of the cobalt blue one. Zhizara, is this like the one you have? These cups each hold 12 US fluid ounces.

Yup. Exactly! Love that color!

Yup. Exactly! Love that color!
I agree it's a gorgeous colour.

We had four and one broke. I went back to the dollar store intending to buy three more, but they didn't have them anymore. That's when I bought the six blue and white ones. The ceramic ones weigh slightly less than the glass ones.

They are indeed. The top one is Ken and I on a sunset cruise in Huatulco this Jan, bottom left is a family trip to Cuba...um 6 years ago? The one on the bottom right is my girls and I when they were babies, just 1 and almost 3. CUTE BABIES!

They are indeed. The top one is Ken and I on a sunset cruise in Huatulco this Jan, bottom left is a family trip to Cuba...um 6 years ago? The one on the bottom right is my girls and I when they were babies, just 1 and almost 3. CUTE BABIES!

Now that's a great MD gift that keeps on giving Alix!! Cute babies indeed!!
Only girls would think of such a perfect gift.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom