Woman eats pair of 72-ounce steak dinners -- in less than 15 minutes!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Molly Schuyler vs The Big Texan 72 oz steak challenge x 2 - YouTube

And for an article on this major accomplishment....

Woman eats pair of 72-ounce steak dinners -- in less than 15 minutes | Amarillo Globe-News

“We witnessed history,” Big Texan co-owner Danny Lee said. “If there’s a zombie apocalypse, I want to stay away from this girl.”

Schuyler, a competitive eater from Bellevue, Neb., finished her first medium-rare steak in less than 5 minutes to set the record for fastest time to eat the dinner.

She rushed to finish the first steak and the sides, including a baked potato, shrimp, a salad and a bread roll, she said.

“The second one, I wasn’t going really for time,” she said. “There was no point. I had to do it in under an hour, so I was fine.”

:chef::pig::chef:

I think this and other eating contests are beyond disgusting, and yes, shameful and sinful. I for one will never understand why these stories get the press they do. Off my soapbox now. :mad:

Mad Cook, the fascination is they love to get an award for eating the most the fastest and being shown on every TV station for 'wolfing' down their food.

One of these days one of the contestants in one of these food 'pig-outs' is going to choke, and I'd bet the sponsor of the contest is going to have a lawsuit on their hands...unless contestants are required to sign a statement prior to the event that if they choke to death being glutinous it's the contestant's fault.

Wow! Just what I'd like my life achievement to be, learning how to bite and swallow, forget the entire chewing and enjoyment process.

Wonder what type of response they'd get if the contest involved fruits and veggies?

Mad Cook, the fascination is they love to get an award for eating the most the fastest and being shown on every TV station for 'wolfing' down their food.

One of these days one of the contestants in one of these food 'pig-outs' is going to choke, and I'd bet the sponsor of the contest is going to have a lawsuit on their hands...unless contestants are required to sign a statement prior to the event that if they choke to death being glutinous it's the contestant's fault.

Wow! Just what I'd like my life achievement to be, learning how to bite and swallow, forget the entire chewing and enjoyment process.

Wonder what type of response they'd get if the contest involved fruits and veggies?

Well Jalapeno Chili peppers are a vegetable and they have a contest for that.

Apples are fruit and they have a contest for eating apple pie.

Blueberries are a fruit and they have a contest for eating blueberry pie.

Asparagus is a vegetable and they have a contest for deep fried ones.

Cabbage is a vegetable and they have a contest for eating it.

Well Jalapeno Chili peppers are a vegetable and they have a contest for that.

Apples are fruit and they have a contest for eating apple pie.

Blueberries are a fruit and they have a contest for eating blueberry pie.

Asparagus is a vegetable and they have a contest for deep fried ones.

Cabbage is a vegetable and they have a contest for eating it.

Which food these "performers" are wolfing down is pretty much irrelevant. I see no pleasure in it at all.

Got it! There's a contest for eating fast and a lot.

Hmmm, OK, now it makes sense, doesn't matter what it is, just eat the most the fastest??

Dumb!

i find it rather sad that everyone seems to find something wrong with this.
obviously, the two steaks in fifteen minutes is a bit over the top, but, if she can do it, more power to her.
i wasn't aware that there was a contest for it. in most places, it is simply, if you can eat the 72 ounce steak dinner, you get it for free. if you aren't able to, it would be advisable to not try, since it costs a whole bunch. settle for the measly four ounce tidbit instead

the only time that i've actually competed was a pie eating contest ten years ago. it was being the fastest at eating a marie callender cherry pie. i won, by a wide margin. the runner up had only eaten half of his when i was finished.

the ONLY ill that i suffered was the fact that it was three years before i ate another cherry, since i couldn't stay off the stool for three days

she did it properly at least. you always get the most down as soon as possible, so you can pretty much take your time with the rest.

back when i would drink a six pack in ten minutes, never for less than twenty bucks, of course, i'd drink the first four in five minutes. that made the last two in five minutes much easier.

There are lots of contests that involve fruits and vegetables.

And there are those that involve butter, mayonnaise, brains, haggis, kimchi , tiramisu, Maidrites and Spam.

I don't understand why any sane person would eat 53 Taco Bell tacos in 10 minutes

obviously, the two steaks in fifteen minutes is a bit over the top, but, if she can do it, more power to her.
i wasn't aware that there was a contest for it. in most places, it is simply, if you can eat the 72 ounce steak dinner, you get it for free. if you aren't able to, it would be advisable to not try, since it costs a whole bunch. settle for the measly four ounce tidbit instead

the only time that i've actually competed was a pie eating contest ten years ago. it was being the fastest at eating a marie callender cherry pie. i won, by a wide margin. the runner up had only eaten half of his when i was finished.

the ONLY ill that i suffered was the fact that it was three years before i ate another cherry, since i couldn't stay off the stool for three days

They have no official contest for that 72oz meal, but they do keep the stats for the meal. She has set the record for the fastest time ever to complete the full meal, but she is a competitive eater so a fast time to finish was a given.

She did a second full meal and finished both of them by the 15 minute mark which is a new record for sure. How many completed two meals in under one hour, I do not know.

I would say though if she had that third meal in front of her she would have finished that one off as well before the hour was up.

This is kinda like the belching contests we had when I was in the Army. Loads of fun!

And rather useless to a degree, but fun anyways.

Really? It's profoundly sad that not everyone thinks this is morally just w-r-o-n-g.

For contestants of gluttony to be cheered by the masses in today's world is unbelievable to me. History certainly hasn't taught some very much.

Really? It's profoundly sad that not everyone thinks this is morally just w-r-o-n-g.

For contestants of gluttony to be cheered by the masses in today's world is unbelievable to me. History certainly hasn't taught some very much.

Agreed. I'm put off by poor table manners, let alone stuffing a couple of days worth of food in one's mouth for entertainment purposes. Yuck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom