Thursday eats.....May 29, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I had a grilled Havarti cheese and tomato on rye, and a fruit salad on the side. Really hit the spot. :yum: Looking forward to a special treat of raspberry sorbet a little later on.

What is (or was....) on your plate for this evening? :chef::)

Pork chops with mushroom sauce in the pressure cooker. Store bought mashed potato's and a marinated cucumber salad. Too hot to contemplate real mashed potato's. Ice cream drumsticks for dessert (they were on sale.)

Grilled marinated veggies here with leftover KFC. I got a beautiful basket of strawberries at the dollar store so we'll have them later on top of the dollar cake.

Grilled marinated veggies here with leftover KFC. I got a beautiful basket of strawberries at the dollar store so we'll have them later on top of the dollar cake.

They sell fruit at dollar stores! And cake! We don't have dollar stores here but when I visited my mom in California the dollar store had things like shampoo, soap, party supplies, etc.....nothing edible. Will wonders ever cease?:ohmy:

I just had a giant green salad piled high with leftover corned beef, some corn, cut from a leftover cob, Havarti cheese, 1/2 an avocado, sunflower seeds and croutons.
DH had hot dogs while I was at my massage.

We went to Swiss Chalet and I had a quarter chicken white meat and Caesar salad. TB had double leg and a Greek salad.

They sell fruit at dollar stores! And cake! We don't have dollar stores here but when I visited my mom in California the dollar store had things like shampoo, soap, party supplies, etc.....nothing edible. Will wonders ever cease?:ohmy:

I was amazed too mm, when our dollar store started offering produce. It's wonderful.
I make it a point to go by there once a week because of it. Bags of the expensive little tri colored peppers, baskets of mushrooms, bundles of asparagus and seedless grapes and so much more for a buck. It's a gold mine I tell ya! It's hard to find a space in the parking lot these days.

Pan seared filets with a marsala pan sauce, baked taters and salad.

Had to use up some stuff in the vegetable crisper so I made a pasta with leeks, mushrooms, and chopped up a leftover Italian sausage. Then, I threw in a mix of eggs, cream and Parmesan cheese, Carbonara style..I could eat that stuff every day....

Back
Top Bottom