June is Bustin' out! Let's eat! Monday 6/2/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
DH is home this week! Yay!! He requested Eggs a la Goldenrod so that is what we will have with sausage links. This will be my first time making this classic brunch dish.

Steaks on the grill tonight. Normally I'm just a salt & pepper kind of guy when it comes to steaks, but tonight I'm going Mexican and using an ancho chile rub. The side dish will be mashed butternut squash with green chiles.

I'm making this chicken/green chile recipe from Rick Bayless: Rick Bayless | Enchiladas Especiales Tacuba Style

The idiot who bought the groceries (me) THOUGHT he bought the poblanos for tonight's recipe, but apparently he did not.

As a result, dinner will be chipotle marinated country-style pork ribs and a salad. The enchilada recipe will have to wait for another night.

After a miserably cold winter, today it has been miserably hot and humid. I have to go on site tomorrow, so I'm thinking some hard cooked eggs to go with:

Layered Quinoa Salad with Tahini Dressing - In the Kitchen with Stefano Faita

I don't have any cooked chicken, so I might break down and open a can of tuna a friend left behind when she stayed with me for a couple of months...add some black olives...spinach, baby kale, and arugula (and scale the recipe down a bit--I don't plan on sharing with my client).

We made another mad dash to and from Nashville to see another surgeon today and, on the way home, stopped at a favorite barbecue place and had a huge barbecue pork plate for lunch around 3 p.m. As a result, not hungry. Perhaps some popcorn later while we watch TV.

I reworked the leftover Spanish/Mexican rice, added a can of corn, some meatballs and a bit of tomato paste .
Steamed broccoli on the side. There is lots of rhubarb upside down cake for dessert.

Two tacos and a cup of chili. :)

Andy, I saved the Rick Bayless enchilada recipe you posted. That sounds and looks fabulous. Can't wait to try it! :yum: Sorry you had to postpone it, I hate when that happens.

Old clothes/rags, maduros, pan Cubano, black beans and rice.

Ropa Vieja.:yum:

Tonight it's Parmesan encrusted baked Tilapia, Split and braised Brussels Sprouts in lemon butter and scratched-baked sweet potato oven fries. It only takes us about 25 minutes from walking in the door to dishing up.

How do I do the Brussels sprouts? I lightly steam them, then gently stir-fry them in lemon butter in one of my wonderful Or-greenic pans. The Sweet potato fries I cut into slightly thick fries, spray with olive oil, salt/pepper and bake about 20 mins at 400 degrees on a cookie sheet. The tilapia cooks right alongside the fries. YUMMY.

There is lots of rhubarb upside down cake for dessert.[/QUOTE]

Now that looks good!

I see a couple of recipes with rhubarb, something I sorely miss. In the south, you seldom see it and the quality is not good. I envy you northern tier states folks where the stuff is plentiful and thrives. I pucker with pleasure just thinking about !

Living in Western Washington for 11 years, rhubarb grew like weeds and the quality was superior.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom