Help Me ID This Plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roll_Bones

Master Chef
My mother in law bought this plant and it had no tag on it. So, I have no idea as to how to care for it.
It looks like a cactus, but I am not sure. It is a succulent for sure and I need to know its name. So I can care for it properly.
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.
See the pictures below.
TIA

Attachments

• Cactus.JPG
    Cactus.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 182
  • 06-04-2014.JPG
    06-04-2014.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 168
It looks a lot like a Stapelia Scitula.

It's a succulent. To find out how to take care of it just google the name.

It certainly looks like a succulent to me. Keep it like a general cacti, don't water it until very dry. It should produce flowers, not sure when though???

It certainly looks like a succulent to me. Keep it like a general cacti, don't water it until very dry. It should produce flowers, not sure when though???

I agree with this, let it dry out between watering. Pretty little plant. :)

Pretty cool plant. I loooooove plants. Check out this for more information on your plant, including watering and care instructions. I like Logee's and have purchased many times from them.

Logee is the common name for Stapelia scitula. More people would probably recognize the common name. Pretty plant.

Huh? Logee's is the name of the greenhouse.

Well, color me stupid, unable to read and other names! :LOL: I could have sworn that I saw that as the common name.

You're so right------ I'm not through my first cup of coffee. Can I use that as an excuse?

Moving on----- the real common name of the plant is Starfish Flower. That's my story---- until I find out I've gotten THAT wrong too! Sheesh on Me.

I've seen these before but didn't know what they were called. I see a lot of references where it's called the "African starfish flower" or just "starfish flower". So I'm assuming that's the common name.

Back
Top Bottom