Today's dinner.....June 4, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
It's almost 6:30 here and I've been so busy cleaning and doing stuff around here that I haven't even thought of dinner until now. :)

I think I'll gently warm the rest of the ribeye from last night and fry up an egg or two to go with it. Maybe a slice of sourdough.

What's everyone chowing down on this evening? :chef:

Leftovers, along with some made today potato salad. I need to stop revisiting that PS thread!

Last edited:
I made a recipe I got from an old Penzey's catalog. Vegetables stuffed with ground pork, onion, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini and cheese and seasoned with their Turkish Seasoning blend and roasted.

Not hungry, but stomach thought I was so...Cup o'Noodles - Chicken. Handful of macadamia nuts.

Beef stroganoff in the pressure cooker. On rigatoni noodles (grocery store was out of egg noodles.) Green salad. Yum!

I had the last of the leftover chow mien and almond chicken from yesterday. I at some for lunch and the rest for dinner. It is a new place my friends suggested and it is very good food.

I had a craving for tuna casserole, which I haven't had for a long time.

I found a jar of garlic alfredo sauce, so I used half of that along with a can of cream of celery for the base, added some baby LeSeur peas and some egg noodles. Yummy.

The other half of the garlic Alfredo sauce I'll use later on with some asparagus spears.

Beer braised country pork ribs, with honey, apple cider vinegar and thyme among other things plus roasted potatoes and carrots. Dessert was traditional, made from scratch Nilla Wafer recipe banana pudding.

I'm helping DH cook for about 25 people (please see my birthday thread for details). Last night's menu was:

- Albondigas (Mexican meatballs) in chipotle tomato sauce
- Grilled chicken breasts marinated in lime juice, cumin, garlic salt and oil
- Zesty refried beans with red salsa, cilantro and fresh lime juice
- Mexican green rice with onion, garlic, salsa verde and cilantro
- Twice-baked sweet potatoes with brown sugar and cumin, drizzled with crema flavored with orange juice and zest and honey and sprinkled with sunflower seeds
- Mexican salad platter with cilantro-lime dressing
- Dessert was tres leches cake with cinnamon whipped cream and maraschino cherries

Last edited:
I'm helping DH cook for about 25 people (please see my birthday thread for details). Last night's menu was:

- Albondigas (Mexican meatballs) in chipotle tomato sauce
- Grilled chicken breasts marinated in lime juice, cumin, garlic salt and oil
- Zesty refried beans with red salsa, cilantro and fresh lime juice
- Mexican green rice with onion, garlic, salsa verde and cilantro
- Twice-baked sweet potatoes with brown sugar and cumin, drizzled with crema flavored with orange juice and zest and honey and sprinkled with sunflower seeds
- Mexican salad platter with cilantro-lime dressing
- Dessert was tres leches cake with cinnamon whipped cream and maraschino cherries

Happy Birthday GG.
The menu sounds exciting.

Back
Top Bottom