New BBQ area project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
As part of my on-going patio project I began construction of an all concrete BBQ counter and area. After the counter cures it will be polished and sealed.
More area ground slabs will be poured, along with a RR tie retaining wall at the far end of the 9' long counter to hold all the dirt back. That area will be excavated about 5' past the end of the counter, slabbed also, and RR tie wall erected to enclose that area.
I have an old charcoal bbq grill insert for the counter. The rest of my smokers and grills will nest in the nook at the far right end of the counter. :)

I'll post more photos as this project takes shape...

Attachments

• P1070483.JPG
    P1070483.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 274
  • P1070489.JPG
    P1070489.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 288
That's a big project! I'll bet it will be great when it's done. Where is the pizza oven in relation to this set-up?

That's a big project! I'll bet it will be great when it's done. Where is the pizza oven in relation to this set-up?

Thanks!
The pizza oven is located at a separate patio area located at the front of the house. When I decided to build the oven a few yrs ago I originally wanted in the back yard but at the time the yard was a total mess with an in-progress demolition of our entire elevated wooden deck and I had no idea where to set the oven. All that now has been replaced with concrete so far, and am still working at it.

I remember when you were building that fantabulous pizza oven RF and along with Andy I was worried about it. This project looks like it will be another work of art. I love watching other people work on the DYI tv station. Too bad you couldn't have been on one of their shows and have it all done in a tv episode! Yes, please keep us up to date on your progress.

Thanks for the replies!
I have a friend who's been helping me demolish the old deck, move dirt, and mix concrete but aside from that I've been doing everything solo. I don't have a master plan and as I keep expanding the patio area slab by slab I come with ideas, such as this bbq area.

You need that DIY yardfixer guy. He's have that knocked out in 48 hours :LOL:

Just received a set of concrete polishing pads from FleaBay, real cheap. I'll start polishing the countertop in the next few days.
Meanwhile I poured a couple of more areas of groundslab.

Thanks! Here's a latest shot from a couple of days ago. I'm pretty happy with the way the counter turned out, nice and solid. Now it needs to be ground a bit and polished. :yum:

Attachments

• P1070492.JPG
    P1070492.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 230
Thanks!
Poured more sections of ground slabs during the week to expand the bbq area. They will eventually be acid stained. The bbq counter is at the lower left of the pic.
I took this pic this morning from our 2nd story deck looking down.

Attachments

• P1070496.JPG
    P1070496.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 230
Here's a couple more progress shots from this week. I temporarily installed the charcoal grill to check for fit.

Attachments

• P1070500.JPG
    P1070500.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 205
  • P1070499.JPG
    P1070499.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 215
Have you thought about shade sails? They would be much less expensive and you could get really creative with the shapes/colors. On that hill with the view they would make a spectacular statement! There's tons of ideas for them on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom