What's cookin', good lookin'? June 10, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I know it's early, but I've started the initial preparation for a meatloaf for dinner.

I had the bright idea of using 2/3# of ground hot sausage with the pound of ground beef to make a larger loaf, and another brainstorm to use up some leftover savory stove top type stuffing as the filler.

What are you cooking today?

Home made Ravioli's,Artisan breads with fresh infused Olive Oil for dipping sauces.
Just received a new haul of oils with some additional oils that I've never tried before.Salad to top it all off.
It's going to be a busy but delicious day. :yum:

Oh.... I thought this thread was directed to me because it said "Good looking" :LOL:

Going to keep it simple tonight because the humidity has kicked up and I'm feeling lazy.

A spinach salad is about all I feel like fixing.

Good luck on your meatloaf Zhizara. The stuffing sounds like a great idea. :yum:

I "accidentally" bought too much prosciutto for the pasta primavera we had. So we are having homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches with Butterkase cheese and prosciutto.

Ham in some form, and something else, not sure what yet.

Ah, ham salad it is!

Last edited:
The battery on my watch died this morning just as I was starting work. I went to the mall to get it replaced and picked up a philly steak and cheese sandwich from Charley's with cheese and bacon fries while I waited for my watch to be fixed.

There is baked rigatoni with spiffed up jarred sauce and sliced Italian sausage in the oven right now. Garlicky lemon buttered broccoli is the side.

A small bowl of Angel Hair pasta with a couple of spoonfuls' of jarred sauce. I am really not very hungry, but I have been having that shaky feeling inside because my sugar has been low lately from not eating.

I have a houseful of food and I don't feel like eating anything. :angel:

Actually, the meatloaf turned out perfect.

While looking for seasonings, I found an old thread I had started a long time ago in which several people mentioned stuffing.

In the past, I used stuffing mix, but uncooked. The cooked stuffing was much better.

Also using double the usual amount of hot ground sausage was a winner as well.

I had been having a problem with either too much salt or not enough. This time, I only put a few drops of teriyaki sauce on just the hamburger and massaged it in.

I realized that the sausage as well as the stuffing were already seasoned and didn't need additional salt.

While reviewing the posts to that thread, I caught Andy's idea for using the loaf pan to form the meatloaf and then cooking it in a pan to get rid of more of the grease. I tried it this time and the results were much better. Thanks, Andy!

Meatloaf! My absolute favorite meal. If I were getting married, I would have the cake made of meatloaf and at the reception, meatloaf would be served. to the guests. Meatloaf ice cream for dessert.

I usually buy Prego Chunky Pasta Sauce. Been buying it for years. But this month I thought I would break out of my mold and get daring. I bought the 'house chunky jar'. I wanted something I could doctor up to my liking. Surprise, surprise. It is not bad. Actually it is perfect for doctoring. Just a plain marinara sauce. And it is chunky with the veggies in it. I think I just may have found a new jar of sauce and the cost is lower than Prego. :angel:

This was dinner along with a cold beer and a Caesar salad. Bacon cheeseburger (quesadilla cheese) with purple onion.

Attachments

• DSC04576.jpg
    DSC04576.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 186
Maybe it is, but it's not directed at only you.

Now how can that be??????????

FYI I avoid mirrors at all cost. ;)

Also Andy. That burger should have been duplicated and every member on DC should have received at least 1! :D

Mr Z. glad the meatloaf was a success. I'll try to remember cooked stuffing instead of uncooked.

Now how can that be??????????

FYI I avoid mirrors at all cost. ;)

Also Andy. That burger should have been duplicated and every member on DC should have received at least 1! :D

Mr Z. glad the meatloaf was a success. I'll try to remember cooked stuffing instead of uncooked.

I sent you a burger. Expect it to arrive with pacanis' bacon shipment.

Back
Top Bottom