Wednesday's Dinner June 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
What's up buttercup?

I'm trying a new recipe. Spicy Pork Tacos (al pastor) from ATK.

It's a simpler work-around to a real al pastor taco.

I'm leaving a ham dinner here for the family. Ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans and a big salad. That will give me lots of leftovers to play with for the rest of the week.

Tonight was penne with sauteed garlic, red bell peppers, and mushrooms in a white wine sauce. Served with Parmigiano Reggiano, and lots of white wine!

Kalbi ribs and hot dogs for the grill. Potato salad from the grocery store deli and a green salad. We also have some broccoli crunch salad left from yesterday. I made a buttermilk pie from a Carla Hall / The Chew recipe.

What's up buttercup?

I'm trying a new recipe. Spicy Pork Tacos (al pastor) from ATK.

It's a simpler work-around to a real al pastor taco.

We had this recipe for the first time tonight. It was really tasty. I recommend it. The sauce is very richly flavored.

We had this recipe for the first time tonight. It was really tasty. I recommend it. The sauce is very richly flavored.

Do we learn how to do it, or is it a secret Andy? ;)

We had grilled rib eye's with grilled marinated asparagus and grape tomatoes in the grill basket. I also did my hominy casserole. Good eats. :chef:

I looked up the recipe, it had all the ingredients blurred out. I can't remember if I'm a member of ATK or not, and couldn't recall a password.

I'd love to hear it too, Andy. :)

I grilled some shrimp late this afternoon, and threw together a salad of chopped blanched broccoli, dried cranberries, red onions, and cashews. Pretty tasty stuff.

I ordered Asian food as my rib pain has been acting up all day. But when it came I was too tired and sore to eat so I have meals for the next several days!

Here is the ingredient list.

• 10 large dried guajillo chiles, wiped clean
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 1/4 pounds plum tomatoes, cored and quartered
  • 8 garlic cloves, peeled
  • 4 bay leaves
  • Salt and pepper
  • 3/4 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 3 pounds boneless pork butt roast
  • 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
  • 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings
  • Vegetable oil
  • 18 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
  • 1 small onion, chopped fine
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro

In broad strokes, you toast and clean the chilies and simmer them with the listed ingredients up to the pork. Then you puree and strain. You slice the pork and simmer the slices in the strained sauce until tender.

Then a quick trip to the grill to sear the meat and grill the pineapple.

I recommend you get the recipe from the ATK site if you plan to make this. The sauce is really good.

Back
Top Bottom