June 17, 2014 - Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it doesn't get to hot (it's already 88F outside) in here it will be homemade pizza (Mama Mary crust topped with goodies). It only takes 3 - 5 minutes on a heated pizza stone at 550F. BUT that may be to long if it is to hot in here. If not pizza maybe a quick "breakfast" meal.

I'm thinking of doing hamburgers on the grill. Not sure what we'll have with them. I have some potatoes that I could roast. I've not done them on the grill before but I might try it.

It's pretty hot today and we're going to a concert tonight - Hall & Oates - so I'm making chicken salad and potato salad with vinaigrette dressing. DH likes a mayo dressing better, but I don't think we need two salads with mayo ;) I'll make his later in the week.

I have to do a Costco run so it will be something from their ready-made section. I have a request for the caprese salad from my daughter so it will involve that. Maybe one of their rotisserie chickens.

FYI, last time I went I found a package of their rotisserie chicken already shredded and off the bone. Great idea since I like to use shredded chicken in many of my recipes. D
Unfortunately I think they treat it with something, the texture was off and it tasted too salty. And it was kind of wet. I'll go back to shredding my own.

Last edited:
We were in a rush this morning so didn't get anything out to thaw. Will probably outdoor grill a couple of turkey burgers and make some home made sweet potato fries and a tossed baby kale salad.

Pork and black olive stew with grits. The grits are close enough to polenta for a southerner to become Italian.;):yum:

Sticking with our World Cup dinners...tonight some selections from South Korea from Beyond Kimchee | Korean food blog, Korean recipes, Asian recipes; Easy Spicy Korean Pork for Dummies (good fit!) and Pan-Fried Potatoes with Green Beans.

It's fun to search for recipes from the different nationalities playing using ingredients I have on hand. Well, it's at least keeping me from being bored with dinner!

Leftover chili over baked potato topped with sour cream and chives. Garden salad w/ranch. To complete the meal, for dessert, vanilla ice cream with cinnamon sprinkled on top.

Stirling and I are not in a good state, since Shreddy was put out of his pain today. We're getting drunk and eating junk food and organic hot dogs.

Not feelin' so good the last several days so I've been working from the freezer.

Took out a container of frozen corned beef and cabbage remains, only the cabbage and juices were frozen. Browned up a pound of kielbasa and added that to the cabbage mixture. Kind of like a kielbasa soup. We had the last of the frozen cornmeal pan rolls and some beautiful radishes I found at the market today. Iced tea to drink and boxed banana pudding with coconut mixed in for dessert.

I'm have to go to Nashville on Thursday to have my left thumb/hand rebuilt and have been taken off all my arthritis meds. There is NO doubt they work. Can't wait for Thursday night when I can get back to taking them.

I grilled a couple of chicken breast halves and made pilaf and a green veggie for dinner tonight.

I thought we were going to have pork stir-fry.......until after I defrosted what I thought was pork sirloin. We are now having beef stir-fry =\. ? served on jasmine or maybe it's basmati rice.?
Oh well.....there will be food....of some kind ?

Stirling and I are not in a good state, since Shreddy was put out of his pain today. We're getting drunk and eating junk food and organic hot dogs.

I'm sorry, taxlady. I'm guessing Shreddy was your pet, probably your cat? It's always awful when this happens. I'm sending good wishes and healing thoughts to you and Stirling.

We had lentil and sausage casserole tonight. I'm pooped. I'll post the recipe in the casseroles section.

Back
Top Bottom