Dream Fridge and Stovetop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BakedPotato

Assistant Cook
Hello all!

As you guys may know from the other post, I am a design student cook currently trying to improve appliances.

So now I am wondering. What would your dream refrigerator and stove top be like. I know my dream fridge would be like a vending machine where it keeps inventory of my foods, and I can either choose myself or "order" with a click of a button. Stovetop? hmm maybe a steamer that goes side by side with the oven?

Have some fun, go wild and get creative!

I'm pretty basic when it comes to stoves and refrigerators.

The only feature I would like to see in a stove is a small oven unit to heat up a one quart casserole and bake a couple of potatoes or bake an 8 by 8 pan of brownies etc...

I'm not talking about a toy, I'm talking about a real honest to goodness oven that could be used efficiently by single people and couples.

I'd like to have pull out shelves on my fridge to make it easier to get to the food that gets shoved to the back.

Aunt Bea has a good idea to have a smaller oven in addition to the regular size for those times you don't need the big space.

I'm pretty basic when it comes to stoves and refrigerators.

The only feature I would like to see in a stove is a small oven unit to heat up a one quart casserole and bake a couple of potatoes or bake an 8 by 8 pan of brownies etc...

I'm not talking about a toy, I'm talking about a real honest to goodness oven that could be used efficiently by single people and couples.

I've seen ranges like this there is a smaller oven just below the cooktop, then the larger oven below that. You give up the bottom drawer.

Here is one from Lowe's
084691254065_03316011.jpg

I don't want toys, I want a stove and fridge that are efficient. I would like a gas stove top and an electric oven.

I don't need a tv or even an icemaker on my fridge...I like knobs on my appliances, hate touch pads.

I love my smooth-top electric range, because it's so easy to clean! I would like a new refrigerator with that middle drawer in it that pulls out.

I love my smooth-top electric range, because it's so easy to clean! I would like a new refrigerator with that middle drawer in it that pulls out.

I'd want a gas stove top.

I often think about pull-out shelves in fridges but worry that some things might topple over during the pulling-out. That wouldn't be a problem with a package of cheese but if it were something liquidish and STICKY with a not-too-great seal on it......... !! I don't imagine that those imagined shelves would be operated by a tiny motor that gently and slowly does the work! :) Plus it would be cost-prohibitive. (When I win the lottery I'll have one custom made.)

I'd like two fridges, side by side, that are each only about a foot deep to avoid having things get lost in the back of a normal shelf----- a real problem for me because bending over searching for stuff in the back is a real pain---- literally. Plus they shouldn't be too high or too low. But now I'm just being silly. :)

Hello all!

As you guys may know from the other post, I am a design student cook currently trying to improve appliances.

So now I am wondering. What would your dream refrigerator and stove top be like. I know my dream fridge would be like a vending machine where it keeps inventory of my foods, and I can either choose myself or "order" with a click of a button. Stovetop? hmm maybe a steamer that goes side by side with the oven?

Have some fun, go wild and get creative!

To continue being silly about fridges---- how about a rotisserie type of small shelves that acts sorta like a Ferris Wheel---- I don't know how to explain it.

You press a button and it rotates so that all the contents on one shelf will appear.

Yeah, probably not gonna happen. :)

Since we are indulging in wishful thinking anyways, I'd like to have two different houses with different style kitchens. My city house would be very modern and sleek with shiny Sub Zero / Wolf appliances. My country house would be very rustic looking with kitchen appliances to match, but rustic in aesthetics only. I want them to look Purdy but work efficiently. I think I'd like a log home in the mountains somewhere for my country home. And my home on Mars would have a replicator, a la Enterprise starship.......

Range: I want a 5 burner gas range (one large wok size burner in the center and 4 others) I want to to have commercial grade heat! Most importantly I want the counter to automatically slide to cover it when not in use - hiding the burners. The Oven would be self cleaning and huge with a salamander.

Like this: http://www.aga-ranges.com/media/182414/aleg_36_df_cranberry_cathedral_doors_large.jpg

Fridge: I want a french door style fridge like the one I currently have BUT I want a much smaller freezer. Convert that space to fresh vegi storage. I have a chest freezer in the pantry for better, colder storage. I just want ice cubes, ice cream and a few other items in the kitchen. Like this:

fridge_new.jpg fridge_new2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't care about the frige as long as it's big enough to hold my stuff.
The stove would have restaurant-grade gas lines (way larger than home standard = more BTU) run to it, a real wok burner, open grill, 3x3 flat top, a water faucet with reverse osmosis water running to it, five gas burners and two (one large and one small) convection burners, deep fryer, a sous vide bath, AND A VENT HOOD THAT WILL CLEAR ANYTHING I'M MAKING.

Dual convection ovens, and a separate salamander.

Basically just give me a full professional kitchen and a regular refrigerator.

Last edited:
My fridge has the glass pull out shelves. I like them, they glide out easily and I've never had anything topple over while pulling them out. The fridge is almost too small for my liking, but my last one died suddenly and I had to get a new one in a real hurry. My next fridge will have French doors. Love those! I almost hope mine dies in the next couple of years so I can have an excuse to get a new one. :ermm::)

Last year my son-in-law took me on a tour of the new fire station where he works, and I really lusted after the appliances. No way will I ever have them, but a girl can dream....:ohmy: :)

img_1369890_0_ce842bff0d54e73ca914000def0e43c8.jpg

Last edited:
Me too, princess. That fridge alone would almost take up one whole wall in my little kitchen! :ohmy: :LOL:

SIL Steve said as big as this fridge is, it's really quite shallow. Not much deeper than a gallon of milk. After we left, I wished I would have gone ahead and opened it to see what the inside looked like. Next time. :LOL:

A Wolf Professional gas range and a double door, freezer bottom SS. fridge.

I also want POS hot water at every sink.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom