Mushroom Feta Tart in Potato Crust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
2 green onions, sliced, divided
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
¼ teaspoon pepper, divided
2 eggs, beaten, divided
1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
4 oz. (1 ½ cups) assorted mushrooms (such as white, crimini, shiitake, and oyster), sliced
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup milk
½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped, or 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning

Combine potatoes, half the green onions, half the Parmesan cheese and half the pepper in large bowl. Stir in half the eggs and mix until well blended. Coat 8-inch tart pan (with removable bottom) with butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray. Spread potato mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of pan.

Place tart on baking sheet and bake in pre-heated 475°F oven 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.

Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook three minutes; remove from heat. Stir in feta cheese, milk, thyme, remaining green onions, Parmesan cheese, pepper and eggs. Pour mushroom mixture into potato crust. Bake 10 minutes or until set. Makes two servings.

This recipe was calling my name. I could probably eat this as a main dish, if no one's looking :)

Kitchen, nice too "see" you again & cute new avatar.

Wondering...since there's so many terrific potato recipes, do you think it could have its own catagory -- or as part of the pasta, rice, couscous catagory. I know it's a veggie, but at first thought, didn't occur to look under vegetables. Just a thought.

I know about the potato thing and not remembering it's a veggie! lol - I have done that.

But - it's still a veggie - as opposed to pasta or couscous - it would be nice to have some sub forums for the different veggies - but can you imagine how long that list would be?? lol

I can't believe you commented on my avatar already - I just added it!

I hear ya Kitchen. Kinda thought so. I hardly miss a trick, when it comes to the good folks here, I pay attention. Kitchen, is a veggie swatting you over the head? giggling, trying to figure it out. No hitting the elf :)

"2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes"

Would this mean a potato which is suitable for making hash browns, shredded and then frozen. Somebody set me on the right path :).

Haggis, think it would be the frozen hashbrowns that come in the 2 lb bags in the frozen food section. I usually get a brand something like Ora-Ida. I'd let them defrost first. Suppose you could dice up your own if you like. I had a bad experience making potato pancakes - after I shredded them & tried to wring out the water, everything turned red.--including my dish towel. For me, frozen is easier. Hope that helps.

Oops, noticed you're in Austrailia. Hope there is a similar brand in your area. The frozen food section also has diced potatoes with bits of green peppers called potatoes O'Brien - but, that's a whole other recipe.

Back
Top Bottom