Menu for Happy B-day USA 4th of July, '14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure. I was going to try my hand at smoking some ribs but holding off until tomorrow. Maybe just burgers and make some mac salad and coleslaw.

What's cookin? We're doing ribs and corn on the grill for just the two of us.

Now that sounds really nice.What kind are you making? Pork or Beef?
Hubby and I will have the house to ourselves tonight.The guys are going to a friends house to celebrate the 4th. I have a full pack of both in the freezer looking for a home.Oh yeah, any special sauce your using?

I'm craving macaroni salad.

Munky.

Now that sounds really nice.What kind are you making? Pork or Beef?
Hubby and I will have the house to ourselves tonight.The guys are going to a friends house to celebrate the 4th. I have a full pack of both in the freezer looking for a home.Oh yeah, any special sauce your using?

I'm craving macaroni salad.

Munky.

Wish we could have you over to share the meal Munky! I did a highly seasoned rub on the pork loin ribs last night. I'll be making some sauce to finish them. Actually the sauce I make is pretty basic...ketchup, br. sugar, vinegar, liquid smoke, a little Jack Daniel's for good measure. lol

Wish we could have you over to share the meal Munky! I did a highly seasoned rub on the pork loin ribs last night. I'll be making some sauce to finish them. Actually the sauce I make is pretty basic...ketchup, br. sugar, vinegar, liquid smoke, a little Jack Daniel's for good measure. lol

Hey, I'd be there.Save me some Jack, JACK!:ROFLMAO:
You can call me...

Munky Jack!:D

We're in for a stormy day and night so we're just cleaning out the freezer of convenience foods. We have a couple of TJs flatbreads, siu may and wontons. I'll mix up a dipping sauce and maybe a salad to fulfill the veggie requirement. Although, there is cilantro in the wontons and mushrooms on the flatbread...

I am making Kayelle's marinated pineapple for my daughter's BBQ tomorrow. She is doing nothing today. And I can't say I blame her. This morning was beautiful, this afternoon meh. :angel:

We're going to grill some chicken legs and make some sort of cucumber salad ;) I also have a bunch of veggies that need cooking; will probably throw those on the grill, too. I'm thinking of doing an Italian theme. I bought some fresh mozzarella marinated in oil and herbs yesterday. For the Fourth, we usually bike downtown with a bottle of wine and a snack and watch the fireworks. Because of Hurricane Arthur, tonight's fireworks were postponed till tomorrow but we're going to stay with my family in Oak Island, NC, for the upcoming week, so we can't go. So I'll serve that on crostini tonight.

Chicken chipotle/cheddar/bacon panini.

Last edited:
Barbecued chicken and corn on the cob, maybe a few sides. Friends coming over and I have a local park with fireworks I can see from my back yard! :)

Not much here - watermelon, salads, and burgers. :) It's my son-in-laws birthday today as well, so my grandson and I spent the afternoon together while his mom and dad had lunch out. :)

I'll probably do what I usually like to do - walk down to the end of the street just after dark, where I can get a good view of the fireworks out at the fairgrounds. :)

Happy 238th Birthday, America!

Dinner was delicious and over here. It will be soon time to take down the flag that's been flying from the front porch of the house on this beautiful day. I'm reminded once again of how thankful I am to be born here in the USA. God bless America...always.

We had a great fireworks show here at my HOA! I had a wonderful time! Right in my back yard! I'm less than 1/2 mile from the park.

The BBQ chix was good too, served with chili corn and BBQ beans.

We had friends over for a cookout and grilled two full racks of lamb, with sides of sweet potatoes, green beans, and an all-American salad of Boston lettuce with Maytag blue cheese dressing. Dessert was strawberries stuffed with sweetened Mascarpone, and apple upside-down cake. I ate so much I was still full when I got up this morning and ended up skipping breakfast. :pig:

The lamb was some of the best I've ever had. Those little rib chops just melted in your mouth.

Didn't cook anything this weekend - Friday was spent cleaning the yard. Yesterday and today was spent at the hospital with my mom.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom