Dinner menu for July 7, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
My daughter and grandson are coming for dinner, and we're having taco salad with all the usual toppings. Jalapenos on the side - little man won't want those. :) Mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.

What's everyone having this evening? :chef:

My daughter and grandson are coming for dinner, and we're having taco salad with all the usual toppings. Jalapenos on the side - little man won't want those. :) Mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.

What's everyone having this evening? :chef:

Ohhhhhhh thanks for the idea Cheryl, taco salad sounds perfect for tonight. I like Catalina Dressing on ours, what do you use?

Frogs legs in lemon butter for an appetizer. Then, moving on to a Spicy Cajun Shrimp Alfredo.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 186
Grilled zucchini and green beans, tomatoes with mozzarella, basil, and balsamic, grilled bread and hummus.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Attachments

• 1404771269808.jpg
    1404771269808.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 180
Ohhhhhhh thanks for the idea Cheryl, taco salad sounds perfect for tonight. I like Catalina Dressing on ours, what do you use?

We usually have it with ranch. I've had it with Catalina before though, and I like it. Adds a nice little zesty kick.

One of my faves for taco salad is Marie's Chipotle Ranch, have you ever tried it? It's in the refrigerated section, as it's made with buttermilk instead of mayo. Deelish! :yum:

Marie’s Creamy Chipotle Ranch

Oooh, Dave and Rock...great pics, your dinners looks delicious! I haven't had frogs legs in ages. They look good!

We usually have it with ranch. I've had it with Catalina before though, and I like it. Adds a nice little zesty kick.

One of my faves for taco salad is Marie's Chipotle Ranch, have you ever tried it? It's in the refrigerated section, as it's made with buttermilk instead of mayo. Deelish! :yum:

Marie’s Creamy Chipotle Ranch

I'm thinking maybe Ranch mixed with Catalina might really do the trick.
I'll have to look for that Marie's dressing next time.

Great pictures guys. I'd love to have frog legs again but someone would have to fix them for me.

img_1373401_0_a1ffa387727e5cf9050c5f069aba5ea4.jpg

Ackk, Kayelle!

When I was a bartender at an Americanized Mexican resto, our taco salad was dressed with salsa mixed with Catalina dressing. Very popular.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Sort of a rerun of last night. We knocked off the grilled brats, killed the last of the Cajun potato salad, and had another big plate of tomatoes and cucumbers from our bounty. Had the usual iced tea to drink and...homemade Boston cream pie for dessert.

Last edited:
We're at the beach at Oak Island, NC, with family. DH grilled up some burgers and corn on the cob and we put plates of veggies on the table. Birthday cake to celebrate my aunt's 78th birthday.

Ackk, Kayelle!

When I was a bartender at an Americanized Mexican resto, our taco salad was dressed with salsa mixed with Catalina dressing. Very popular.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Now that's a good idea Dawg :yum: A lil salsa with the Catalina/Ranch combo.

BTW, where are you girl with your snorkel mask and fins?

Back
Top Bottom