Huge Bargain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
In case you nave a specific need...

I was in Costco yesterday and saw a tri-ply stainless Tramontina 5-quart sauté pan for $30.00!!!

This is a huge bargain. I have Tramontina pieces and they perform well.

I did have a need for a non stick pan. Fell asleep and overheated my last one. Burnt the finish off but did not light the house on fire!
So, I went to a restaurant supply store and found, 2, to my liking. One was $25.00 and one was $50.00. The cheaper one was made in china, the $50.00 was made in USA. I did not even think about the price! Anyway, you know which one I have now!
I made crapes with raspberry's and orange sauce, flambe, To test it out, did not burn it!
Sorry, but nothing from china for me!

I did have a need for a non stick pan. Fell asleep and overheated my last one. Burnt the finish off but did not light the house on fire!
So, I went to a restaurant supply store and found, 2, to my liking. One was $25.00 and one was $50.00. The cheaper one was made in china, the $50.00 was made in USA. I did not even think about the price! Anyway, you know which one I have now!
I made crapes with raspberry's and orange sauce, flambe, To test it out, did not burn it!
Sorry, but nothing from china for me!

I understand. The pan I listed was made in Brazil.

Tramontina tri-ply clad pans are awesome quality for the money. Probably some of the best bang for the buck. I have a tri-ply clad skillet from them and it's pretty much flawless.

I went to Costco yesterday and spotted that pan. It looks really nice and seems to be a wonderful size. Not knowing much about it, I passed on it. Perhaps I will revisit. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip! I'm in the market for a new saute' pan. I'll check it out next time I'm in. Do you happen to have a rough estimate of the pan circumferance?

Thanks for the tip! I'm in the market for a new saute' pan. I'll check it out next time I'm in. Do you happen to have a rough estimate of the pan circumferance?

It's about 12" in diameter so about 37"-38" in circumference.

C = 2pi X r
So, 2 X 3.146 X 12 = 18.876" = Circumference :D.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sorry, No.

Circumference=3.14xD Pi times the diameter

Area=3.14 x radius squared.

ALSO: your calculation is wrong.

2 X 3.146 X 12 = 18.876" = Circumference

2x3.14x12=75.36

ALSO: your number for Pi is incorrect.

Last edited:
Andy just saved me typing out all of that explanation of what was wrong with the Chief's calculations. Well, there's also the fact that it's the diameter that is 12", not the radius.

I went to Costco yesterday and spotted that pan. It looks really nice and seems to be a wonderful size. Not knowing much about it, I passed on it. Perhaps I will revisit. Thanks for the tip!

Bargain? That is a downright steal! I received a Cusinart 5 Qt. as a gift and she paid $59.00. It is great for making a family size frittata. It is great for making any family meal. :angel:

Andy just saved me typing out all of that explanation of what was wrong with the Chief's calculations. Well, there's also the fact that it's the diameter that is 12", not the radius.

Ok, now you've done it. I'm all red-faced. It's been 20 years since I've been in a schoolroom, and that was just before getting my engineering degree. I guess it's true what they say, use it or lose it. Keeping a phone system running doesn't require much math. It's a whole different skill set.:blush:

So I guess I'll go design an op-amp that will keep a rocket on course to the next habitable planet over the course of 250 years of 1.5 g accelleration. :ohmy: Impossible you say? Nothing can go faster than the speed of light, you say? Well, go ahead then. Prove it.:rolleyes:

Yeh, I need another nap.:mrgreen::LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Ok, now you've done it. I'm all red-faced. It's been 20 years since I've been in a schoolroom, and that was just before getting my engineering degree. I guess it's true what they say, use it or lose it. Keeping a phone system running doesn't require much math. It's a whole different skill set.:blush:

So I guess I'll go design an op-amp that will keep a rocket on course to the next habitable planet over the course of 250 years of 1.5 g accelleration. :ohmy: Impossible you say? Nothing can go faster than the speed of light, you say? Well, go ahead then. Prove it.:rolleyes:

Yeh, I need another nap.:mrgreen::LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I was surprised. I guess you were tired.
NASA is looking at the possibility of a warp drive! You don't travel through space at faster than light. You warp space so the bit in front of you is much smaller and the bit behind you is much bigger. Engage warp drive! Nasa reveals latest designs for a Star Trek-style spacecraft that could make interstellar travel a reality | Mail Online

I was surprised. I guess you were tired.
NASA is looking at the possibility of a warp drive! You don't travel through space at faster than light. You warp space so the bit in front of you is much smaller and the bit behind you is much bigger. Engage warp drive! Nasa reveals latest designs for a Star Trek-style spacecraft that could make interstellar travel a reality | Mail Online

I wonder if it's something like traveling in a straight line through the curvature of space.

Folding space (Dune), warped drive (StarTrek), worm holes (Stargate), all part of the world of science fiction. I'm wondering about the "faith" angle myself, and kind of looking forward to knowing if my beliefs are correct. I'm sticking with them though, for life (and hopefully, the afterlife).

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom