What's for Dinner? - Tues, July 22nd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
I had leftover mashed potatoes to use up, so tonight we had Potato & Bacon Pierogies with sour cream gravy, and a side of roasted vegetables.

Anyone else eat?

img_1376434_0_3998be73f3b5d927d08d30792026a4cc.jpg

I smoked a rack of babybacks and made a pasta salad for tonight's dinner. Oh, I also opened a beer.

Nice dinners, guys!

I bought some local corn from a roadside stand. Had that along with some grapes, cherries, and a few blueberries I was able to salvage from whatever has been eating them from my shrubs.

And a White Russian for dessert.

Last edited:
Oooh, nice pic, Steve! Looks wonderful. :yum: Everyone's dinners sound so good!

I had 2 shredded beef tacos on whole wheat flour tortillas late this afternoon. Used up the last of the homemade salsa. Fixin' to have a bowl of ice cream. :)

I made some yummy Philly cheesesteaks tonight. Probably not traditional, but I had some chuck cross rib steak, it was supposed to be grill able, I marinated it in balsamic vinegar and olive oil ( I quite enjoyed the fig balsamic I used last night, so used it again) then grilled it, sliced it thin and tossed it in with my pan caramelized peppers and onions.
Pan grilled some garlic buttered stadium buns that needed to get used, built the sandwich added cheese and Viola', dinner served with a green salad.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I did some Asian inspired chicky thighs on the grill.

Threw some nakkid corn on the cob on the grill, but then I stripped the half roasted corn off the cob and skillet fried it with salted butter and lots of black pepper. Ohhhh....that alone was worth the meal.

No beer here, but box wine fit the bill.

Braised chicken thighs with broth, sherry, red vermouth, garlic and the rest of the black truffle over homemade wide pasta noodles with snow pea pods and carrots. Recipe from John and Caprial Pence.

Too hot and humid to cook--threw a couple of steaks on the grill, some veggies in foil (zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower [purple], baby potatoes, red pepper, onions, kale, chard, EVOO, butter, S&P, and a few cloves of crushed garlic and sprigs of thyme, lemon zest), and wrapped a couple of potatoes in foil and threw those on as well. Added four cobs of sweet corn. Gotta love the summer veggie garden bounty.

Back
Top Bottom