This morning's partial harvest!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Bella and I faithfully water the container vegetable garden every morning and harvest what needs it. There are always tomatoes of one sort of another and, of course, cucumbers. Today we added eggplant, green bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, and basil leaves to our basket.

I'm now making eggplant Parmesan and stuffed peppers. Lots to eat now and plenty to freeze so we can enjoy when the garden is only a memory.

Attachments

• 001 - Copy (4).jpg
    001 - Copy (4).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 255
Ratatouille!!

Yes, Andy. I just finished making three trays of eggplant Parmesan and I saved the ends and the smallest parts of the eggplant to make ratatouille. Just used the nice big, perfectly-round slices for the casseroles. Since eggplant is usually cubed for ratatouille, I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.

I'd planned to make stuffed peppers today, too, but it took me longer than anticipated to make the eggplant dish. Tomorrow will be stuffed pepper day.

Looks like good pickin's! And don't feel bad for the small bit of plantings - in spite of you getting your knee and hand rebuildiing projects this year, you still planted more than I did.

Back
Top Bottom