Saturday nite dinner..Aug. 2, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
39817-albums371-picture5985.jpg
39817-albums371-picture5984.jpg
BBQ clams in cast iron.

YUM, looks good, Joey! :yum:

I'll be having a steamed artichoke, and probably a sliced tomato or two.

I made a red cabbage salad (with apple, dried apricot, carrot, walnuts - orange juice dressing with fresh root ginger). Tried and successful recipe! Crunch heaven. :yum: Had it with some crumbed chicken fillets (price reduced).

When baking the chicken, I also used the oven to prepare for tomorrow's meal, i.e. baked some foraged damsons to make a sauce and par-baked a potato for potato rosti. I find this method makes the potato not watery when grated (more concentrated). Am having it with duck breast and asparagus.

I have used an oven thermometer to gauge the oven temperatures - on any given setting - at different shelf/rack levels. For instance, a central shelf at Mk 4 = Mk 5 2 shelves higher than this. So I can combine food on different shelves with their correct temperatures.

Last edited:
I made Johnny Marzetti, ultimate comfort food. Having some sliced radishes for an after.

I had a lonely grilled chicken breast just waiting to be slipped into a creamy sauce with fresh steamed broccoli, all mixed with pasta. Woke up with a taste for a chicken/cranberry/nut salad sandwich. :huh: I had my sandwich on a brioche roll. Made salads to go along with our sandwiches.

Cuban pot roast, pork butt with carrots, potatoes, and onions. The Cuban restaurants that make it just use yucca but I'm not a fan so we use potatoes and we both love carrots. Cooking liquid mojo and mix of chicken/beef broth since I didn't have any pork broth.

Great sounding and looking dinners tonight...Yumm

I learned something today about grilling skin on, bone in chicken thighs....

I think I'll be doing some grilled chicken thighs today, and some Dragon Lady Sesame Noodles.

What's up at your house?

I saw this on a Chef John video and it made those thighs on the grill tonight just over the top.

Before you put them into your marinade in a ziplock bag, pinch the back of the thigh from the back and slash the skin and meat on the thighs down to the bone in two places. The marinade has a chance to get deep into the thigh and the results on the grill are super impressive, not only with the added flavor but also with the look. WOW..that was some good chicky.
Thought I'd pass it on to all the folks who love grilled thighs.

This: "Hoppin John"
We make it with turkey sausage, sweet onions, crushed fresh garlic, black eye peas, cut leaf spinach, quality Cajun spice over a bed of steamed brown rice with Louisiana hot sauce all over the top. You know it's good when your face sweats, your eyes water and your nose runs.

Attachments

• hoppingjohn1.jpg
    hoppingjohn1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom