Dinner Wed. Aug. 13, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Three of my grandchildren will be here shortly (ages 4, 8, and 12) so I want to have an array of things I know they will all like.

We'll be having mac and cheese, 'lil smokies' with bbq sauce, steamed carrots and green beans, sliced apples, watermelon, and peaches. Mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. :)

What's on everyone's menu for tonight? :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kayelle said:

I took out some Brat's for the grill and we'll have fresh corn, baby broccoli and garlic toast.

Last edited:
We had burgers on whole wheat buns. We tried using some blue cheese dressing and some ranch dressing as "secret sauce", but we hardly noticed that it wasn't plain old mayo. It was quite good. Unfortunately, they had to be cooked in the kitchen. When it's summer, we usually grill burgers, but it's too rainy today to grilling.

Busy day picking things from the garden and canning. So happy Glenn wanted BLTs for supper tonight.

So...we had BLTs, using our own tomatoes and on homemade rustic bread. Two sandwiches each, along with some grape tomatoes and the last of our cucumbers. Strawberry pie with whipped cream filled in the cracks.

Chilled cucumber soup with pita chips. I used 2 cucumbers, grated and seeded, 1/2 buttermilk and 1/2 yogurt, dill, mint, a bit of roasted cumin, and a couple of drops of Frank's, yellow raisins, some grated green onion, garlic, lime juice, and lime zest to make the soup. Topped with fresh dill and some salted peanuts, a bit more lime zest. The chips were brushed with EVOO, some pepper, fresh rosemary, sea salt, and grated parm. In the oven at 425 for about 7-8 minutes until crisp.

Meatloaf sandwich and a side salad. I got my spices in the mail today so I'm dying to try one of them. I think I'll top my salad with tatzhiki and sprinkle with a little za'artan.

I pan seared chicken thighs and made a sauce with shallots, garlic, tomato, Kalamata olives and chicken broth. Served over rice.

Himself did a pizza run, picking up Unos on their two-for-$19.99 take-out deal. Piggies both of us :pig:, we each ate half. Mine was chicken/spinach/mushrooms while Himself got the Numero Uno. Looks like I have dinner for the next two nights, since tonight's supper was supposed to be meatloaf. By the time I got my baked goods out of the oven it was too late to do anything with that meatloaf but to bake it for tomorrow's supper.

Was away for a few days up in North East Quebec. Picked up some Charlevoix lamb. Had it last night with an array of local veggies from the farmers market. A meal to remember....
All local food.....except the lamb. I had to drive 1400 kilometers for that....:LOL:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 166
Looks wonderful. I assume you were driving the 1400 km anyways and the lamb was just easy to pick up.
Well, I did search it out. I've known about Charlevoix lamb http://www.macleans.ca/culture/a-canadian-lamb-makes-history/ for a few years now. We went up to go to Quebec City and beyond for whale watching and I did a bit of research to get my hands on some lamb. And local cheese...and charcuterie, and beer.....

Not sure you have ever heard of the Flavor Trail in Charlevoix, but I have been waiting to go for a while. Will go again and check it out some more....Flavour Trail of Charlevoix - Thematic Trails

Last edited:
Well, I did search it out. I've known about Charlevoix lamb A Canadian lamb makes history - Macleans.ca for a few years now. We went up to go to Quebec City and beyond for whale watching and I did a bit of research to get my hands on some lamb. And local cheese...and charcuterie, and beer.....

Not sure you have ever heard of the Flavor Trail in Charlevoix, but I have been waiting to go for a while. Will go again and check it out some more....Flavour Trail of Charlevoix - Thematic Trails
Cool. No, I hadn't heard of the Charlevoix Flavour Trail. That sounds like fun. I think I will suggest it to Stirling.

How was the lamb?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom