When Good News Just Can't Be Any Better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
I just talked to my daughter. She went for her first MRI since she stopped her chemo.

When they first discovered the brain tumor, it was quite large and cancerous. The type of cancer she has only 5% of the people survive. They removed 95% of the tumor and was on chemo for more than two years. The chemo reduced the small piece of what was left of the tumor by 30%. That was way more than the doctors ever expected.

So now she goes for an MRI every three months. But she doesn't have to have any more blood work. She went last week for her first one since she stopped the chemo. The doctor told her that these past weeks he has been doing some research for her and has really good news. He studied all the data that he could find for her type of cancer. Right now I am so excited I can hardly type. But I have to share this with someone.

He told her that for the type of cancer she has the information has changed drastically. The 5% of survivors no longer applies. With all the new chemo treatments and surgeries they now do, and what was done on her, her chances of living and surviving are now 25 years more. And the chances of the small piece of tumor that is left is no longer cancerous and will no longer return. So instead of always wondering if she has only 10 minutes or 10 years, I can now relax a bit and just wallow in the good news.

So all those angels have done their job. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and angels that were sent her way. I truly believe that each and every angel has been watching over her. One can never have to many angels looking down of them and watching over them. A big THANK YOU to all of you for helping me through these past few years and making it a little more bearable. When I first got the news of her cancer I couldn't stop crying. Now I am crying again as I type. Only these are tears of gratitude. Time for me to go in my corner and have that GOOD cry now. :angel:

Think this says it all
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
xxxx

Indeed it does. And I want to thank all of you for your kind words. It seems funny not to be doing the angel anymore. Whether you wanted to traverse this road with me or not, I just took you along. And you have all given me strength to keep going and not break down every time I thought of her and what she was going through. :)

With so much bad news lately this is just fantastic Addie! Won't it be wonderful you can relax now. Every mother understands the agony you've been through, me included. It must be wonderful to be able to breathe again........

Oh, Addie, I am soooooo happy for you, your daughter, and your whole family. What wonderful, wonderful news! Doing the happy dance here!

Wow! I teared up a little, reading this. I'm so glad and I'm grateful to share your wonderful news!

YAY!!!

I just talked to my daughter. She went for her first MRI since she stopped her chemo.

When they first discovered the brain tumor, it was quite large and cancerous. The type of cancer she has only 5% of the people survive. They removed 95% of the tumor and was on chemo for more than two years. The chemo reduced the small piece of what was left of the tumor by 30%. That was way more than the doctors ever expected.

So now she goes for an MRI every three months. But she doesn't have to have any more blood work. She went last week for her first one since she stopped the chemo. The doctor told her that these past weeks he has been doing some research for her and has really good news. He studied all the data that he could find for her type of cancer. Right now I am so excited I can hardly type. But I have to share this with someone.

He told her that for the type of cancer she has the information has changed drastically. The 5% of survivors no longer applies. With all the new chemo treatments and surgeries they now do, and what was done on her, her chances of living and surviving are now 25 years more. And the chances of the small piece of tumor that is left is no longer cancerous and will no longer return. So instead of always wondering if she has only 10 minutes or 10 years, I can now relax a bit and just wallow in the good news.

So all those angels have done their job. I want to thank all of you for your prayers and angels that were sent her way. I truly believe that each and every angel has been watching over her. One can never have to many angels looking down of them and watching over them. A big THANK YOU to all of you for helping me through these past few years and making it a little more bearable. When I first got the news of her cancer I couldn't stop crying. Now I am crying again as I type. Only these are tears of gratitude. Time for me to go in my corner and have that GOOD cry now. :angel:
I'm so glad for you and your daughter. Good to have some good news

Addie, this is such wonderful news! :clap: It truly made my day to read this. I'll miss your little signature angels, but can totally understand why you don't need them anymore. Here's another one for ya, for old times sake. :angel: :) Best wishes to you and your whole family.

What a wonderful blessing Addie! I'm so happy for you, your daughter, heck-your entire family! Still keeping you guys in my prayers for her continued good health.

What a wonderful blessing Addie! I'm so happy for you, your daughter, heck-your entire family! Still keeping you guys in my prayers for her continued good health.

Thank you all. I spent the night for the first time in a long time, sleeping through the night in a deep sleep. I have been sleeping with one ear open for the ringing of the phone.

I keep going to click on the Angel out of habit. So I have decided to keep her for all the others who may need an angel to be looking down in need of help.

I really believe that we all have an angel looking out for us. Otherwise, why would God take our loved ones to heaven, but to look down on us and keep us safe. But my daughter had angels from all over the world these past two years looking down on her and making it possible for her to come through the other end. There are some very remarkable and caring folks in this world, and a lot of them are right here in DC. Thank you all. :angel: And one for all the folks at DC. :angel: Payback is so nice this time.

Fantastic, Addie! What a burden to have been lifted from your shoulders and those of your whole family. Never ever give up hope. We never know what tomorrow will bring.

So true Katie. My prayers were always, "Please make her be in that 5%." And to go to 25 years or more makes me start to cry all over again. That 5% elephant has left the room for good.

I think I am going to make the Hershey's Chocolate Chocolaty Cake for her today. What better way to celebrate. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom