What to do with leftover Bearnaise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I found a very easy recipe for Bearnaise, Friday Grilling: Easy Bearnaise Sauce | Michael Ruhlman. It makes about twice as much as we want for two steaks. I don't think I can cut the recipe in half. I don't think the immersion blender would work with half.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something to do with the left over half? I don't think I can safely keep it in the fridge with the raw egg. I'm wondering if it can be cooked in some nice way.

I would go with a variation of eggs Benedict swapping out the hollandaise for bearnaise or use it on some steamed broccoli.

Last edited:
i was just gonna say to use in in place of hollandaise on eggs benedict.

great minds, B.

hmm, since corn is in season, i wonder if you could make a sort of creamed corn like dish?

i was just gonna say to use in in place of hollandaise on eggs benedict.

great minds, B.

hmm, since corn is in season, i wonder if you could make a sort of creamed corn like dish?

I would just slather it on the corn on the cob.

You could also use it as a spread for a leftover steak or roast beast sandwich the next day.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was thinking eggs Benedict too, but I don't have any English muffins or back bacon. English muffins could be made. I suppose regular bacon could be used.

How long would the Bearnaise be safe in the fridge?

taxlady, bearnaise is delicious on tortellini. Truly.
I'm sure it is. I saw that you wrote that in the old thread about leftover Béarnaise. Problem is, I would have to make the tortellini. I've never seen ready made whole wheat pasta on tortellini.

I figure if you just want to toss it on whatever pasta is at hand, it should work. I think I'd add fresh tomatoes and some green onion too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was thinking eggs Benedict too, but I don't have any English muffins or back bacon. English muffins could be made. I suppose regular bacon could be used.

How long would the Bearnaise be safe in the fridge?
In a screw top jar or similar, it would be OK overnight as long as it hasn't hung around to long at room temp. Might even manage two days but certainly no longer.

I tried an experiment. I had about 1/4 of the Béarniaise left and the two egg whites leftover from making the Béarnaise. I gently nuked the sauce until it was soft, then I whisked it into the egg whites. Wow, that made a wonderful omelette/scrambled eggs.

I tried an experiment. I had about 1/4 of the Béarniaise left and the two egg whites leftover from making the Béarnaise. I gently nuked the sauce until it was soft, then I whisked it into the egg whites. Wow, that made a wonderful omelette/scrambled eggs.

A new recipe for a low calorie egg white omelet! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom