The true crown jewel foods from each US state

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baking fool

Senior Cook
The Weirdest Eating Patterns Of Each U.S. State | Co.Design | business + design

Looks like I should go to West Virginia for a Philly cheesesteak

We’ve all know how much Philly loves its cheesesteaks. But you know what the data tells us? The most distinctive menu item in Pennsylvania restaurants isn’t the cheesesteak. It’s actually the hoagie.

Co.Design teamed up with food industry analytics firm Food Genius to mine its database of 88,000 menus and 59 million menu items and build this map of the each state’s true crown jewel food. What you’re looking at isn’t the most popular food by state. It’s the food that most distinguishes them from the rest of the pack.

That's definitely weird. Seems like they would have gotten more useful results if they had deleted the adjectives and just used food words.

That's definitely weird. Seems like they would have gotten more useful results if they had deleted the adjectives and just used food words.

Yes. Then the crown jewel food of Arizona wouldn't be "blended."

And I have a hard time believing that "prawn" is that widely used in the western US

Yes. Then the crown jewel food of Arizona wouldn't be "blended."

And I have a hard time believing that "prawn" is that widely used in the western US

I have a hard time believing it too Jenny. I think the word "prawn" is not common in this country at all, besides it just sounds way too pretentious for us wild west people out here.

"Prawn Taco's"? Nahhhh.

Thanks for the posting though BF........it gives us something else to discuss.

The true "Crown Jewel" from each and every State is a meal that you enjoy.

Regional or not. When your belly is full of tasty chow does it matter where, when, or how it got that way?

For me it's about good food in the here and now. Don't care about if it's not historically correct where and when I eat it. If it tastes good when I eat it that's all that matters.

Guess you can see I'm not much of an "Authentic" fan. :D

Well, some of us like to learn about history, geography and sociology from the way people eat, among other things, but I'd like more accurate, useful information. YMMV, of course.

I love history, geography, and sociology.
I'll even waste hours on this here internet seeking knowledge. ;)
But when push comes to shove what tastes good in the here and now is where I'm at. :D
Yeah Grandma's So & So is accurate as far as ingredients and method goes but it really doesn't taste very good so why should I be eating it now?

I asked my 82-year old born and bred in MN Dad tonight what he thought was the crown jewel food of MN...wild rice. I said "sorry." "Walleye?" Yup. I then asked him what he thought might be the crown food of ND. "Wheat." "Nope." "Not sugar beets!" "Well, sugar...which in ND, comes from sugar beets." He then asked me about Myrtle...I said she was working on being a virtual therapy chicken for the time being. <g>.

I asked my 82-year old born and bred in MN Dad tonight what he thought was the crown jewel food of MN...wild rice. I said "sorry." "Walleye?" Yup. I then asked him what he thought might be the crown food of ND. "Wheat." "Nope." "Not sugar beets!" "Well, sugar...which in ND, comes from sugar beets." He then asked me about Myrtle...I said she was working on being a virtual therapy chicken for the time being. <g>.

I just love that report from your Dad CWS. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Wishing many blessings to both your parents. How I miss my own.

if i have a ruler that measures in fractions of and inch, and you have a ruler that measures in smaller fractions, and someone else has a ruler that measures in a totally different metric, who is right?

some people have more time than they have thoughts.

if i have a ruler that measures in fractions of and inch, and you have a ruler that measures in smaller fractions, and someone else has a ruler that measures in a totally different metric, who is right?

some people have more time than they have thoughts.
Sounds like the kind of rulers we have in Canada:LOL:. After all, each of us has 168 hours in a week, how we use those hours, well, I won't go there. When involved in dog rescue, it ticked me off when people would say "I don't have the time to take care of Fido." As if I or a foster family had more time????? Hello!:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom