Beef stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
The booklet that came with my dehydrator has a recipe for dehydrating tomato sauce and then turning it into powder...wonder why I couldn't put homemade beef stock/chicken stock on the fruit leather trays, dry it, and then turn it into powder? Any thoughts about that? I haven't gone to Google U, just about to shut down the computer and trying to figure out how to get some things out of the freezers to make room for harvest...darn, Conrad, you are taking up too much real estate!

The booklet that came with my dehydrator has a recipe for dehydrating tomato sauce and then turning it into powder...wonder why I couldn't put homemade beef stock/chicken stock on the fruit leather trays, dry it, and then turn it into powder? Any thoughts about that? I haven't gone to Google U, just about to shut down the computer and trying to figure out how to get some things out of the freezers to make room for harvest...darn, Conrad, you are taking up too much real estate!
Eat more meat. ;)

What about making jerky or pemmican?

I would go this route.

Beef Essence Or Extract Recipe

Start it on the stove and finish it in a crockpot or electric roaster with top left off so the mixture can slowly concentrate without needing to watch it every minute.

As far as poor Conrad goes, I would rather have a freezer full of beef worth $4.00 to $15.00 per pound than a freezer full of zucchini worth 99 cents a pound, just sayin'. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Good luck!

Last edited:
I would go this route.

Beef Essence Or Extract Recipe

Start it on the stove and finish it in a crockpot or electric roaster with top left off so the mixture can slowly concentrate without needing to watch it every minute.

As far as poor Conrad goes, I would rather have a freezer full of beef worth $4.00 to $15.00 per pound than a freezer full of zucchini worth 99 cents a pound, just sayin'. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Good luck!
I did that to the point where I got 4 l of stock. I guess I could thaw it and continue.........or maybe next time.

I was thinking more along the lines of this:

Dehydrated Broth | Loving Our Guts

3 days in the dehydrator seems like a LONG time.

I am getting more bones in October, maybe I'll give both of them a try then. The stock does have a lot of collagen in it--it is more like "jelly" than stock. I never thought of cooking the bones 2-3 times (until they are crumbly). I so love having "real" beef stock on hand. I'm planning a beef and barley soup for later in the month.

I am getting more bones in October, maybe I'll give both of them a try then. The stock does have a lot of collagen in it--it is more like "jelly" than stock. I never thought of cooking the bones 2-3 times (until they are crumbly). I so love having "real" beef stock on hand. I'm planning a beef and barley soup for later in the month.

Beef barley and also French onion soup made with a concentrated real beef stock is wonderful.

If you keep boiling and reducing you will eventually have glace de viande.

Before you know it you will be able to keep a whole herd of cattle in a mason jar! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom